Schedule shows wrong date in Roku app, but correct in web interface

kpfleming

kpfleming

Server is 4.6.4.0 running on Debian Linux. Roku app is version 4.0 build 31.

When I display the Schedule (upcoming recordings) in the Emby web interface, I see 'Family Guy' listed to be recorded from 9:30-10:00PM on October 24 (WNYW). When I display the schedule in the Roku app, that same episode is listed to be recorded on October 25.

I have other recorrdings (earlier in the day) which correctly show as October 24 in both places, but anything from 8PM onwards shows as October 25 in the Roku app. It's as if the Roku app thinks the timezone is UTC instead of America/New_York.

• Agree 1

On 10/20/2021 at 6:37 AM, kpfleming said:

It's as if the Roku app thinks the timezone is UTC instead of America/New_York.

Have you confirmed the time zone setting on the device?

If so, can you show us a screen shot of exactly where you are seeing this?

Thanks.

kpfleming

Yes, the time zone setting on the Roku is "United States/Eastern", as is my laptop where the browser is running. Pictures/screen captures attached.

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 06-21-25 Emby.png

20211022_062326.jpg

20211022_062337.jpg

If you click on them, do you see a date/time there?

Likewise, for "This Old House" if you click on it is the time off by several hours on that one?

kpfleming

So, in the schedule overview page, if I highlight one of those shows but don't click on it, the upper section of the screen shows the proper start and end time for that episode.

However, if I click on any of those episodes (I tried all seven), on the episode detail page the start time is correct but every episode shows an end time of 7:00PM. Again, this is only in the Roku app, the start and end times display properly in the web interface.

• 1 year later...

I was searching and found this thread that I also have the Roku App (non-beta) where the web interface is correct, but the Roku scheduled records are on incorrect days and some are missing altogether. The records are successful as per the web interface.

Attached are the screenshots from my fathers setup (Mine has similar issues, just different recordings)

Thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Web Interface.png

Hi.  Also, is the time zone on the Roku device set properly?  And what is the guide data provider?

Hi @Luke and @ebr
The screenshots were taken yesterday (Wed Nov 02) and web interface (long image) is all correct on the dates and items.

Screenshot 1 (filename 1): shows that "Tomorrow" those shows are scheduled to record...which is actually today

Screenshot 2 (filename 2): shows only "the movies" and "blue bloods" are going to record Friday...which is actually Thursday and is missing "numb3rs"

Screenshot 3 (filename 3): shows "Saturday night live" and "escape the county" on Sunday, when "Saturday night live" is Saturday and "Escape the country" is Sunday.

Edit: the guide data provider is "Emby Guide Data"  with "local over the air broadcast"

All the Roku devices (fathers house and my own) all set to "Eastern" and clock format "12 hour" as well as the server (which is all correct) and the devices are TCL Roku TVs/Roku Streaming Stick and Roku Ultra. I also verified the iOS app shows correctly, so its a bug unique to the Roku.

Edited by Erik

• 1 year later...

Hi @Luke, sorry for delay. Yes, still an issue.

The "Schedule" tab has the correct date an the "Series" tab has all the dates one day in the future. Its a TCL Roku TV (Series 4 I believe) that I am testing/seeing this on. I will check other devices tomorrow (I expect the same, but good to check again).

12 hours ago, Erik said:

an the "Series" tab has all the dates one day in the future

Hi.  Can you show a screen shot of this?

Sure can:

SERIES TAB - WRONG DATE -All of the dates showing under  SERIES are one day in future.

ACTUAL TIMES 

Icons is only on Friday evening

Bull is on Monday to Thursday only

SNL is on Saturday evening only

SCHEDULE TAB - shows right day and time

PHOTOS - SERIES TAB
image.thumb.jpeg.dbdf1a696695cc82e27b415c465fd628.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9e9a3a89399d0397962bb8e340c6f732.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5df46dfad8d882a3e510a5202f1444bc.jpeg

PHOTOS - SCHEDULE TAB

image.thumb.jpeg.1b32d3512d1fb52b053880f8d482920d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.18f9defad30f114bc80709aeeece4788.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.068744e8f1fd539c4b40fd13b11dc4e3.jpeg

Okay, so you mean the Series Recording view as opposed to the TV Series view.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Erik said:

SNL is on Saturday evening only

Actually, the special you are showing there is airing on Wed this week...  Still the wrong date.

Yes thanks. These are a few days old from my parents house is where the pictures are from (as he seeing the date mismatch in his use).

Let me know if you need anything more.

Note: the web view has all correct dates.

Thanks again!