We upgrade our forum

Abobader

CBers
20 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Same happens when entering post also.  It scrolls to latest post instead of jumping directly to it.

I've seen that this morning - not very good.

CBers

@Abobader The scrolling to the latest unread post is horrible - it hurts your eyes.

It wasn't like it yesterday, so it it to do with the Scroll To Top plugin you installed?

• Like 1

CBers
3 minutes ago, Abobader said:

I uninstall it, how about now?

Much better.

It now opens to the post, rather than scrolls to it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

so we've lost jump to top? thats pretty critical on mobile :(

No, I temp uninstall it, I email the dev of that plugin about the issue.

17 hours ago, Abobader said:

No, I temp uninstall it, I email the dev of that plugin about the issue.

The author for the plugin agree to add option to disable the "smooth scroll" that act as "home" keyboard press, meaning, jump to the top instead of scroll to the top.

When he dose, I will install it back.

• Like 2

@Abobader the forum editor now has a Stock Replies icon with a couple pre-canned responses.
Is this global or can I add my own responses to this?

I have a few things I'm constantly repeating in PMs like how to setup AnyDesk for remote support, etc.
These would make no sense for anyone else to have of course.

Thanks.

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, cayars said:

the forum editor now has a Stock Replies icon with a couple pre-canned responses.

I could've swore I saw it being explained and said that it contains only How to report problem currently but will be appended with user inputs. But for the life of me can't find it now. Maybe edited? 

Happy2Play
On 10/23/2021 at 12:47 AM, cayars said:

@Abobader the forum editor now has a Stock Replies icon with a couple pre-canned responses.

My understanding is you have to submit them to Abo to apply.

Edited by Abobader
  • Like 1

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, cayars said:

BTW, a little work around for scrolling/jumping to the top of pages.
https://scrolltotop.pratikabu.com/ is a plugin that can overlay an icon at the bottom of any web page very similar to what the forum did.
I'm using that for now on the forum.

Yeah, I use similar browser extension from I cannot remember how long ago, like since ever. Comes in handy in libraries, too, depending where my mouse cursor is. 

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, cayars said:

I guess it got hidden?

Ah I wasn't paying attention to where this topic was as it is in Dev area.  Are you saying you don't have access to it?  If so you need to let Abo know as you are a "Emby Team" member.

@cayars Sorry I fix the issue, it also a bug.

Regarding the stock replies, Post to me at the team dev's forum all the want you need and I will add them.

To all:

Sorry about the stock replies issue, the admin's team wanted that only for "Emby Team". 

7 hours ago, cayars said:

BTW, a little work around for scrolling/jumping to the top of pages.
https://scrolltotop.pratikabu.com/ is a plugin that can overlay an icon at the bottom of any web page very similar to what the forum did.
I'm using that for now on the forum.

You simply press the "home" key on keyboard to do that if you are on desktop.

We adding the mention plugin for whom do not like to add plugin to a browser, also to the mobile users.

FrostByte

Since I lost my section moderator badge in the shuffle I was wondering if I could get a Plex badge in its place?  :)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

Since I lost my section moderator badge in the shuffle I was wondering if I could get a Plex badge in its place?  :)

oh no .. ok I add it back.

• Thanks 1

CBers

@Abobader I'd like the Dark theme on my phone, but the default (light) theme on my PC.

Is there a way of doing this please, as when I select a theme, it is the same for my phone and PC.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, CBers said:

@Abobader I'd like the Dark theme on my phone, but the default (light) theme on my PC.

Is there a way of doing this please, as when I select a theme, it is the same for my phone and PC.

Thanks.

For the forum core, it do not have that profile option, but I thought normally the browser will save the device info when you logout from the site.