Media playback issues in almost all files.

Rishabh Srivastava

Hi.  The sample you provided plays fine for me.  It initially direct played.  I then used playback correction to force a remux and a transcode but all playback worked.

Are the issues you are having all when trying to play from a remote system?

Rishabh Srivastava

This is only faced on one client which is Android TV. On a mac (web client), android phones (android client), its working perfectly well.

I'm at a bit of a loss but it must be something environmental as it is all working fine for me with your sample.

• 1 month later...
Rishabh Srivastava

Yes very much. But I have a few findings I'd share which might help debug.

1. when there is any repeater between my router and TV, this issues is 100% reproducible.

2. when my ISP changes his ISP to backup, this issue is 100% reproducible. When my ISP is on main ISP, I am able to play properly.

3. my other Android TVs don't have this issue anytime. No matter what the scenario is.

4. Just installed Plex to check if its also having the issue. No. Plex works fine.

Not sure why EMBY is so non-robust to network changes. Everything else works fine. Just play back stops. It gets stuck to the first play shot. The screen just freezes

My TV manufacturer is not ready to address the issue as Emby is a non-standard app in my country.

I love using EMBY but might have to switch or have some other backup option considering its not working for me.

@Luke @ebr

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2022 at 11:49, Rishabh Srivastava said:

Yes very much. But I have a few findings I'd share which might help debug.

1. when there is any repeater between my router and TV, this issues is 100% reproducible.

2. when my ISP changes his ISP to backup, this issue is 100% reproducible. When my ISP is on main ISP, I am able to play properly.

3. my other Android TVs don't have this issue anytime. No matter what the scenario is.

4. Just installed Plex to check if its also having the issue. No. Plex works fine.

Not sure why EMBY is so non-robust to network changes. Everything else works fine. Just play back stops. It gets stuck to the first play shot. The screen just freezes

My TV manufacturer is not ready to address the issue as Emby is a non-standard app in my country.

I love using EMBY but might have to switch or have some other backup option considering its not working for me.

@Luke @ebr

Have you tried downgrading from 2.0.48 to 2.0.33?

I had serious playback issues with 2.0.48, downgrading and turning off auto updates resolved it.

8 hours ago, danbas said:

Have you tried downgrading from 2.0.48 to 2.0.33?

I had serious playback issues with 2.0.48, downgrading and turning off auto updates resolved it.

Hi.  That's not really a very good solution as things will undoubtedly break in the future.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That's not really a very good solution as things will undoubtedly break in the future.

If it's the only solution that resolves the issue, it could be as good as it gets!