Media playback issues in almost all files.

Rishabh Srivastava

Rishabh Srivastava

embyserver.txt

Hey guys. Using Emby for almost 3+ years now. Used emby in all kinds of scenarios and devices. Facing this weird issue suddenly. No work around.

Videos don't play. They do play randomly but most of the times they don't play. Please find attached the server logs for the same.

I am using windows pc as server and on the same internal server I am trying to play videos on my Android TV (MI).

Attached is the server log file.

Please help.

Edited by Rishabh Srivastava

Hi.  Exactly what does "don't play" mean?  What happens?

What did you try to play in that log that didn't work and at what time?  Also, please provide the ffmpeg logs that were generated as well.

Mkilbride

This just started happening to me yesterday. It's really weird.  They play on Emby browser, locally, but on no external devices.

Here's a couple logs for when I tried to play it. It seems to happen on almost any file randomly now.

Was perfect before yesterday.

ffmpeg-remux-0305c7c8-4054-4e21-bf67-5d3ece3728b4_1.txt embyserver-63770309496.txt hardware_detection-63770309503.txt

On 10/20/2021 at 7:00 AM, Mkilbride said:

This just started happening to me yesterday. It's really weird.  They play on Emby browser, locally, but on no external devices.

Here's a couple logs for when I tried to play it. It seems to happen on almost any file randomly now.

Was perfect before yesterday.

ffmpeg-remux-0305c7c8-4054-4e21-bf67-5d3ece3728b4_1.txt 220.33 kB · 1 download embyserver-63770309496.txt 519.86 kB · 0 downloads hardware_detection-63770309503.txt 262.94 kB · 0 downloads

Hi @Mkilbride please try removing these plugins:

Anime 1.4.8.0
	Auto Organize 1.6.0.0
	Diagnostics PlugIn 4.7.0.2
	Disk Space 1.0.5.6
	Email Notifications 3.1.6.0
	Playback Reporting 1.9.0.5

Then restart the server and see if that helps. Thanks.

Rishabh Srivastava

When I click on play button. Black screen loads with seekbar. Loader comes. Then loader disappears in 3-4 seconds. Seekbar sticks to 0:00. Black screen remains persistent. On clicking back I go back to details page where play can again be triggered from.

Not sure it will make a difference but can you try removing the "BlueRay Mounter" and "DVD Mounter" plug-ins?

Rishabh Srivastava

initially some files played fine. Now they also don't. its like the Android player emby uses, is unable to play the video.

Using chromecast, some files play properly, though. I am trying to use that for the past week. But definitely not the experience I was hoping to have.

Rishabh Srivastava

Hey @Luke @ebr 

Sometimes this also happens. The video opens but doesn't play. I think for other videos it's mostly the beginning hence the black screen. Any clues?

IMG_20211027_184449.jpg

Rishabh Srivastava

1st one (720x480) plays properly.

2nd one (1280x596) doesn't.

My TV is 4K.

Can you guys please try and understand why that might be the case.

@Luke@ebr Someone please reply. 😞

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 3.35.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 3.35.32 PM.png

Edited by Rishabh Srivastava

Rishabh Srivastava

Router reboot I tried multiple times. Tried various settings as well. Nothing helps.

Not sure how to send sample file. Files are pretty large.

One more observation though. When I am forwarding or reversing:
1. the photo and subtitles at that position are very proper and

2. if I leave seekbar at some position, the functionality of video auto ending and seek position remembrance is working fine too.

Just that video is unable to play.

Rishabh Srivastava

No. It's not about file size. Same 1080p video Batman begins doesn't play but batman v Superman plays.

Attached. Left is details of Batman begins while right one is batman v Superman. This is the only difference in properties.

Do you think that this might be because of codec or something? But both are h264 only.

IMG_20211101_143054__01.jpg

22 hours ago, Rishabh Srivastava said:

Not sure how to send sample file. Files are pretty large.

If you have dropbox or Google drive or similar, can you upload to there and PM us a link?

15 minutes ago, Rishabh Srivastava said:

hey @Luke, @ebr could you guys look into the files I shared?

Hi.  Please see the PM.  I responded yesterday.  The files you shared do not include a video.