Looking to switch from WMC/WMP

RAP58

arrbee99
7 minutes ago, RAP58 said:

Yes - I can see how to do that.  But with creating a new title - I guess I have to create a folder in that is scanned in a library, add the audio or video file - wait for Emby to scan it - then edit the metadata when it can't find the title?

With My Movies, they do have auto-scanning; but it was unreliable. So I always did a search and then just added the correct title.  

Not quite sure what you getting at. For Emby you'd have a folder called, for example Movies, in which you'd have a folder called, for example Cruella, in which you'd have Cruell.mkv or whatever, plus Edge of Tomorrow etc. You'd have another folder called, say, Music Videos, in which you'd have Etta James - Live at Montreaux, in which you'd have Etta James - Live at Montreaux.mp4 or whatever, plus your other music videos... - then edit the metadata, hopefully not too much...

But anyway, Emby does have Enable Real Time Monitoring and/or you can run it under Scheduled Tasks and/or you can schedule it to run every day at 3 in the morning if you want.

I'm just trying to figure out how to manually add a title.... I copy the Cruella folder with the mkv file inside it,  to the Movies folder.  Then I got to the Emby server and what?  Select add title and locate to the new folder?

Or is it just push scan and hope it finds it?

pwhodges

By default Emby notices changes in library files and scans appropriately within a few minutes.  This behaviour can be turned off, in which case you can search from the right-click or three-dot menu - note that the manual search can be told the imdb, tmdb or tvdb id to help it find the right thing (though in tricky cases, like most of my opera recordings, I just add the id to the folder name, like "[imdbid=tt123456]" or equivalents with "tmdbid" etc).  Note that although the imdb is not searched by Emby (it costs too much), the id is used as an alternative key by both omdb and tmdb - sometimes IME bringing up entries which I had failed to find using a manual search on the web site.

Paul

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Yes as mentioned Real Time Monitoring should see the filesystem update assuming your setup/filesystem supports it, otherwise you will have to manually run a library scan as the scan is only triggered every 12 hours by default.

Thanks all...

@pwhodges:  the manual IDMB search was also available in My Movies and worked pretty well.  Glad this is an option.  However, I could not find search - did you mean "Identify"?

Just now, RAP58 said:

Thanks all...

@pwhodges:  the manual IDMB search was also available in My Movies and worked pretty well.  Glad this is an option.  However, I could not find search - did you mean "Identify"?

Yes you can change to something else using Identify.