connect with pin issue

MbyVL

Hi im also having the same issue on my Apple TV 4k 2021 using emby connect  Emby app provides the pin the pin is confirmed on the web browser on another device then the Emby App on Apple TV stays on the pin provided (showing the pin number) forever, I even waited more than 1h just to see if it was a delay issue.

I there any real solution for this ??? I have the latest Emby app from the Apple TV app store.THX

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JB1903 said:

Hi I am experiencing the same issue. 

Did you have any luck fixing this?

Not  at all Sorry the Issue still active, no way to connect to server, i have tried everything i could think and read about nothing helped, even reset the ATV to the factory TVOS version.

i tried other apps on the same ATV (Infuse, Mrmc) all of them connected without a problem. So that plus been able to connect to the same server before the update singles out the issue is the NEW emby App version.

No way to connect pin doesn't work and server address returns "unable to connect"  five second after try int on MrMC and connection is instant on the same server.

Let see if some one here can help

5 hours ago, JB1903 said:

Hi I am experiencing the same issue. 

Did you have any luck fixing this?

Not  at all Sorry the Issue still active, no way to connect to server, i have tried everything i could think and read about nothing helped, even reset the ATV to the factory TVOS version.

i tried other apps on the same ATV (Infuse, Mrmc) all of them connected without a problem. So that plus been able to connect to the same server before the update singles out the issue is the NEW emby App version.

No way to connect pin doesn't work and server address returns "unable to connect"  five second after try int on MrMC and connection is instant on the same server.

I'm not using a local server this is an external server

Let see if some one here can help 

Did you have any luck connecting?

Specs of the Issue and History

Server: Remote     Device: Apple TV 4k 2021     TvOs: 15.0    Emby Version: Latest on the TvOs App store (not near the ATV right now)

History: 3 days ago I was using the same setup above mentioned without any issue, after the app updated automatically it worked for 1h or so i was able to see the new Playback interphase and all. After closing the app and later re-opining it i got a message a spinning wheel, tried many times same result.

Next step i deleted the app and installed it again, then all the issues above mentioned started, the app gives a pin, the pin is confirmed on other device, the Emby app does not move stays showing the pin number when it should disappear and go to the media section. 

Next step close the app click on Skip and enter server address manually, after entering server details Emby returns an error "Unable to connect" bla bla, 

Next step try same methods on the same device using a different apps (Apps that use Emby Connect pin like Emby or server address input connection like Skip on Emby) the CONNECTION IS FAST AND PERFECT.

So IMHO it is 100% an issue with the New App

I understand that maybe not too many ppl have this issue (yet) but go ahead uninstall the app on your ATV and reinstall it and let me know the results.

Emby Staff please Heeeelpppppp!!!! LOL

20 minutes ago, MbyVL said:

Server: Remote     Device: Apple TV 4k 2021     TvOs: 15.0    Emby Version: 1.5.4

History: 3 days ago I was using the same setup above mentioned without any issue, after the app updated automatically it worked for 1h or so i was able to see the new Playback interphase and all. After closing the app and later re-opining it i got a message a spinning wheel, tried many times same result.

Next step i deleted the app and installed it again, then all the issues above mentioned started, the app gives a pin, the pin is confirmed on other device, the Emby app does not move stays showing the pin number when it should disappear and go to the media section. 

Next step close the app click on Skip and enter server address manually, after entering server details Emby returns an error "Unable to connect" bla bla, 

Next step try same methods on the same device using a different apps (Apps that use Emby Connect pin like Emby or server address input connection like Skip on Emby) the CONNECTION IS FAST AND PERFECT.

I understand that maybe not too many ppl have this issue (yet) but go ahead uninstall the app on your ATV and reinstall it and let me know the results.

Edited by MbyVL

16 minutes ago, MbyVL said:

Server: Remote     Device: Apple TV 4k 2021     TvOs: 15.0    Emby Version: 1.5.4

Bizarrely my other 4K Apple TV is still working fine…. But the main one in my living room - just won’t do anything after reloading the app and putting the pin in - it’s weird

9 minutes ago, Packer said:

It’s quite a big issue a big deal if guys can’t connect via url means they can’t use the app 

Hi.  Are you saying even if you manually enter the proper URL and port it won't connect?

1 hour ago, Packer said:

say if they are using Emby share from somewhere

FYI sharing your content with the general public is a violation of our terms of use.

We think we have identified this issue and should be able to get a fix out soon.

Thanks.

• Like 1