Amazon Fire TV 4K MAX

Skynet92

Skynet92

Hello,

I have on this new Fire TV 4K MAX small problems of video playback.

On mkv 4K files with HDR10+ and Dolby Vision the image is distorted (see video). Only if the videos have both types of HDR.

On a nvidia shield of course no problem with video playback.

I normally send the logs during the reading.

Emby version 2.0.48a

Fire OS 7.2.5.5

Alita Battle Angel (2019) 4K.mkv.MediaInfo.txt

3 hours ago, Skynet92 said:

I normally send the logs during the reading.

Hi.  Can you please provide the following information?  Thanks.

Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Skynet92
34 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Can you please provide the following information?  Thanks.

I made a new log.

it's 10:29 am in UTC -5

local user = dk

Okay, we are direct playing this item when we really shouldn't be but I'm not sure exactly what about it isn't supported - probably the DV profile, actually...

If you use the "Playback Correction..." menu option during playback, does it start playing properly?

Skynet92
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Okay, we are direct playing this item when we really shouldn't be but I'm not sure exactly what about it isn't supported - probably the DV profile, actually...

If you use the "Playback Correction..." menu option during playback, does it start playing properly?

so I have 3 videos with this problem.
For all 3 I tested the Playback Correction.

With 2 videos, they pass with a normal image in HDR10+ and the 3rd is transcoding.

I don't think it's a DV profile problem, the other videos play without problems.

The common point I found is that there is both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision in the mkv.

I use deepl to translate French to English so I hope you understand my explanation?

FrostByte

Do all the ones with issues have DV profile 8 also?  Just wondering why convert DV to profile 8 when the DV profile used on UHD is 7 like in my example below for The Suicide Squad

HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible 

Here is Alita Battle Angel, but all UHD is profile 7 as far as I know.

HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile A compatible 

It looks like it was converted to profile 8 during encoding.

Edited by FrostByte

Skynet92
18 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Do all the ones with issues have DV profile 8 also?  Just wondering why convert DV to profile 8 when the DV profile used on UHD is 7 like in my example below for The Suicide Squad

HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible 

Here is Alita Battle Angel, but all UHD is profile 7 as far as I know.

HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile A compatible 

It looks like it was converted to profile 8 during encoding.

yes, there is no DV P7 with the UHD bluray Rip, I looked on the internet there is only DV P8.

The DV P8 with the Fire TV is not a problem it works except when there is also HDR10+ it's weird.

FrostByte

Ya, I just read the specs it does show DV profile 8 is supported.  I just thought it odd someone would convert from profile 7 to profile 8 during the encode.

According to the specs page it should work

Video codecs	
Dolby Vision. Dolby Vision support for Profile 4-MEL, 5, 8, 9. (Up to Level 9 for profiles 5 and 8. Up to Level 5 for Profile 9.)
H.265 (HEVC). Hardware accelerated up to 3840x2160p (4K) @ 60fps, 35 Mbps, Main 10 Profile Level 5.1, Color space 8-bit and 10-bit input with HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG.

Edited by FrostByte

Skynet92
7 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Ya, I just read the specs it does show DV profile 8 is supported.  I just thought it odd someone would convert from profile 7 to profile 8 during the encode.

According to the specs page it should work

Video codecs	
Dolby Vision. Dolby Vision support for Profile 4-MEL, 5, 8, 9. (Up to Level 9 for profiles 5 and 8. Up to Level 5 for Profile 9.)
H.265 (HEVC). Hardware accelerated up to 3840x2160p (4K) @ 60fps, 35 Mbps, Main 10 Profile Level 5.1, Color space 8-bit and 10-bit input with HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG.

Yes it works I have plenty of rip with DV P8 it works.

I looked at that the software does not have to put DV P7.

DVp.PNG

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Skynet92 said:

Yes it works I have plenty of rip with DV P8 it works

Can you please play one of those for a few seconds and then send a log from the app?

Skynet92
9 minutes ago, neik said:

If I would like to find out which profile my encodes have, which tools would I use to find out about it?

I don't understand the question!

Do you want to know which DV profile is on a video or which software to encode with DV?

2 hours ago, Skynet92 said:

it's done!

I'm use this film.

That one reports that it is beyond the device capabilities as well so I'm surprised it is working.

Skynet92
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

That one reports that it is beyond the device capabilities as well so I'm surprised it is working.

Me too!
A remux (without DV) at 70 Mbps works without problem.
Only the REMUX with DV does not work, the transcoding is activated I know that the nvidia shield PRO to read these videos