Additional security settings needed

kaynemo

kaynemo

Hi all! Just realized there is a feature missing, that I find very needed. Let's say we have a user account named John, let's say there are two separate media libraries, that John has access to. Let's say we want to allow John to download media from the media library 1, but to restrict him from downloading from media library 2. In the current setup we can only allow or restrict John to download as an account, therefore that setting will be applicable to all connected media libraries. Can we add an option that would allow separate settings for different libraries for the same user account? Sorry if I am too confusing.

I agree with you on more granularity (e.g. disallowing download of 4k content) but calling it a "security settings" isn't quite right, is it?

• Agree 1

kaynemo

Sorry if I called it wrong, nothing evil intended. I use Emby for work and it is incredibly awesome for what I need. Today I ran into this problem, whereas I need to allow one user to download from a specific library and keep his access to another one without him being able to download and I can’t make it so and I thought it would be a great feature to have. That’s all.

• Like 1

GrimReaper

Yeah, it should be done in line with how "Allow Media Deletion From" is done in User settings. 

• Agree 2

kaynemo

Perhaps. Or something similar. I think it would be a very useful addition to otherwise super able software that is Emby