Server Keeps Crashing Need Help Understaning

soloam

My emby server, that runs as a jail in TrueNas, started crashing and I can't find the problem. I tried to install a new jail (moved the emby-server folder to the new jail) and the problem keep happening. Bsicly I start the emby server, and after some hours it crashes! I'll post the log to see if anyone can help me understand the problem:

Thank you in advance.

embyserver.txt

Can you try not copying the folder over but starting with a complete Fresh install? I also had this and my fix was to start over by deleting the /var/db/emby-server completely and letting it build from scratch its not ideal but better than crashing every so often.

Edited by Duffyx

Helo @DuffyxYes I can, but I would like at least to keep the users (user and password) watch history would be perfect, but at least I would like to keep the users! Is that possible? What should I copy to at lest maintain the users credentials?

You try fresh and see if it helps with the crashes. If it did help then you can play around with trying to copy old data over and see it it breaks.

5 minutes ago, Duffyx said:

You try fresh and see if it helps with the crashes. If it did help then you can play around with trying to copy old data over and see it it breaks.

I'll do that, tks for the help

I am also having crashes on Version 4.7.0.3 beta, running in a TrueNAS jail.  I think they are related to deleting series, but can't see anything in the logs.  Once crashed the clients cannot connect (obviously).  Getting a console in the jail shows no mono or emby processes running.  Restarting the jail brings everything back up.

embyserver-63770535574.txt

23 hours ago, axxe said:

I am also having crashes on Version 4.7.0.3 beta, running in a TrueNAS jail.  I think they are related to deleting series, but can't see anything in the logs.  Once crashed the clients cannot connect (obviously).  Getting a console in the jail shows no mono or emby processes running.  Restarting the jail brings everything back up.

embyserver-63770535574.txt 2.7 MB · 1 download

Hi @axxe, since you're on an older beta build, can you try updating to the latest?

• 1 month later...

Still on 4.7.0.3 beta as I havent had time to upgrade, but the server appears to have been stable for the last month or so.  Since I don't know the exact cause all I can guess is that I am not doing whatever I did to cause it to crash.