Nvidia Shield - No Audio on Recorded TV

PeterHing
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

PeterHing

My Shield updated to app version 2.0.48g over the weekend, and ever since I cannot get any audio from Recorded TV. Movies are fine, just anything recorded of UK TV.

Not having any issue with the same programs on Chromecast Android TV with the Emby App, just my Shield.

Anything I can do / try to resolve? I've cleared the data / cache of the app to no avail.

FrostByte

Once in awhile after an upgrade I have audio issues like HD audio being downmixed.  A restart of the Shield as ebr mentioned usually clears it up 

• Like 1

PeterHing

Thanks everyone. Rebooted everything, still have the issue. Found it's with Live TV and Recorded TV only. Movies and TV Shows are fine.

Logs uploaded from the app on the Shield around 13:00 Eastern. Was trying to watch an episode of Neighbours with user 'Emby'.

Let me know if I've missed anything, appreciate the help.

20 minutes ago, PeterHing said:

Logs uploaded from the app on the Shield around 13:00 Eastern. Was trying to watch an episode of Neighbours with user 'Emby'.

Can we please see the ffmpeg log that corresponds to that playback?  The item was being remuxed and, when it got to the app, had no audio track.

PeterHing
47 minutes ago, ebr said:

Can we please see the ffmpeg log that corresponds to that playback?  The item was being remuxed and, when it got to the app, had no audio track.

Attached two from around the same time. Not sure if I sent the logs between or after.

ffmpeg-directstream-3fb0c3c7-f50a-4e30-a64f-b350c393dc87_1.txt?api_key=bff171c861f74802b957952de937799f ffmpeg-directstream-a25c511a-1840-43cb-985a-a83228646e8e_1.txt?api_key=bff171c861f74802b957952de937799f

Hi.  Please attach the actual files.  Those appear to be links to the files on your system.

The playback in the log you sent occurred at 15:28:54.

• Solution

Okay, I'm still not totally sure what is going on but can you update your Emby Server?  It is on an old version (4.5.2).

PeterHing
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Okay, I'm still not totally sure what is going on but can you update your Emby Server?  It is on an old version (4.5.2).

I was worried you were going to say this - I run on Terramaster NAS - It's always so far behind because of their app store 😞 Need to get off of it. Let me see if there's anything new to update to

PeterHing

@ebr Managed to get the server to 4.6.4.0 using the TerraMaster manual install file from the Emby site. Issue has resolved itself. Thanks for the prompt to update; the dashboard no longer told me there was a newer version available and just relied on the App Store. Really appreciate the quick help and support

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PeterHing said:

@ebr Managed to get the server to 4.6.4.0 using the TerraMaster manual install file from the Emby site. Issue has resolved itself. Thanks for the prompt to update; the dashboard no longer told me there was a newer version available and just relied on the App Store. Really appreciate the quick help and support

Excellent.  Glad you got it sorted out.