MBS - Make Chapter Image Extraction during regular Library Scans optional

PurposelyCryptic
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

PurposelyCryptic

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to read my feature request.

What I would really like to see is a toggle option to enable/disable chapter image extraction during normal library scans. I spent some time reading through the forums on the subject, and saw that this was actually added as an ease-of-use feature back in July, but it has the opposite effect for me:

I tend to add media to my system on a fairly regular basis (usually 1-2x a day, ranging between a handful to several dozen episodes), and tend to do so in preparation to watching some of it using MBT. The problem is that if Chapter Image Extraction is enabled, the Library Scan moves at a snail's pace, and taxes my puny little CPU enough that media playback is a stuttering mess for the duration, which can be up to 15-20 mins (vs. 20-30 secs with it disabled).

However if it is disabled, I don't get any chapter images whatsoever. I have a task set to extract them daily starting at 2AM, but as it stands I have to remember to disable extraction every morning and re-enable it before going to sleep for it to it to work. The item description for the toggle even specifically recommends not running the extraction during peak usage, but as it stands there is no easy way to do so.

If you could create a toggle for this function, you would really be taking a huge weight off of my shoulders - I'll be changing servers soon as I am presently using a laptop as a temp, and as such will have to run the extraction on all of my media again, and it would be really helpful to not have the system freeze up all day because I forgot to hit the switch in the morning (Last extraction took 12 days of running 6 hrs a day, hopefully it will go faster this time on a desktop CPU...).

Thanks again for taking the time to listen to my petty problems:-)

PurposelyCryptic

Many thanks! I really appreciate all the hard work you guys put into MB - just a while ago my HTPC died on me and I literally went into MB-withdrawal for the 2 weeks I had to go without it ;-)