covers taking a while to appear

hygorfragas

hygorfragas

hello, i use ubuntu 18.04 the emby is installed via docker.

I want to pre-download the covers and metadata to get a smoother loading at first

I enabled the function that does this in the desired category but it doesn't seem to work. I don't know if it's saved in my cache but in the series category I get only 12 ready covers. I want to save them all to disk and not fetch every time it is accessed.I want to save them all to disk and not fetch every time it is accessed.

hygorfragas

My language is pt-br but in the image the function is enabled. 

* Download images in advance

I think that's the translation. 

IMG_20211018_111434.jpg

hygorfragas

this is my library's advanced, I don't know if it's necessary to fill in the metadata location.
but it seems to me that only 20 covers were saved locally, the auto-generated collections, the complete covers were downloaded. and it's incredibly faster to display covers

image.png.4aa8f88a9c377c533842ad845ead8066.png

hygorfragas

ombi was not the problem here, I installed it later and I had already reached the conclusion that the covers weren't all being downloaded to my disk. it looks to me like the emby is still looking in the movie folder, not locally

it looks to me like the emby is still looking in the movie folder, not locally

It depends. Are you doing anything to clear out the server's cache folder? If you are then that might be causing this.

Not directly responding to your initial issue but OMBI was killing the performance on my Emby server a while back, it's constantly hits the API (not tried for 2 months+) but i ended up ditching that and overall responsiveness was a hell of a lot better, so Luke's advice is solid on keeping Ombi off (just as general advice not in response to your image issue). And to be fair i ended up Switching to Conreq which doesen't touch Emby at all, looks better and works a hell of a lot better than Ombi (tv series actually load 100% of the time! which it didn't on ombi) so may be worth a try

On 10/21/2021 at 12:08 PM, CassTG said:

Not directly responding to your initial issue but OMBI was killing the performance on my Emby server a while back, it's constantly hits the API (not tried for 2 months+) but i ended up ditching that and overall responsiveness was a hell of a lot better, so Luke's advice is solid on keeping Ombi off (just as general advice not in response to your image issue). And to be fair i ended up Switching to Conreq which doesen't touch Emby at all, looks better and works a hell of a lot better than Ombi (tv series actually load 100% of the time! which it didn't on ombi) so may be worth a try

Agreed I think shutting that down will help quite a bit.

hygorfragas

so, all this evaluation I did to notice this delay in loading the covers was done before using the ombi, it was introduced later.