CoverArt: Can't see resolution media info

MBSki

MBSki

The resolution media info in CoverArt is very hard to see some of the time (Example: 12 Dates of Christmas). Could it be adjusted to include it's own background or something else so it's more obvious? 

Also, why don't 480p movies have a tag for resolution (Example: 28 Days Later)?

SmartSelect_20211017-215114_Emby.thumb.jpg.009f45aa833d1c0524e0f52f1d3cb084.jpg

GrimReaper

You can use custom overlays to increase visibility (I do). 

Sadly, no 480p indicator. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, why don't 480p movies have a tag for resolution (Example: 28 Days Later)?

I think historically this feature was built to allow easy identification of hd content, and nobody really cared to be informed of SD resolution.

MBSki
6 hours ago, Luke said:

I think historically this feature was built to allow easy identification of hd content, and nobody really cared to be informed of SD resolution.

Yep, understand. But that was then, and this is now and with the variety of different resolutions that we have now it would be nice to have a tag for all of them.

• Agree 1

GrimReaper
18 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Yep, understand. But that was then, and this is now and with the variety of different resolutions that we have now it would be nice to have a tag for all of them.

LOL just posted relating same in the other thread. 

Yeah, agreed, I would surely appreciate it to distinguish some of the dated stuff (as nowdays that is the minority, as majority IS some flavor of HD). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

I would surely appreciate it to distinguish some of the dated stuff (as nowdays that is the minority, as majority IS some flavor of HD)

Which treatment style do you use?  The thinking was that the main treatment would indicate this (e.g. DVD vs. BD).

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, ebr said:

Which treatment style do you use?  The thinking was that the main treatment would indicate this (e.g. DVD vs. BD).

None, I use Plain with resolution badges, as I don't fancy box outline. Therefore those 480p's are breaking the consistency and presentation: with DVD treatment they are like finger-poke in the eye, without it they are badge-less. 

Edit: To clarify, you're already familiar with my somewhat manic OCD, and seeing: badge-badge-badge-NO badge-badge-badge triggers me quite a bit (wish that was the only thing that does 🙄). 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append
  • Agree 1

MBSki
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Okay, that explains it.

Can you explain? I think we just want a way to distinguish between 480p and 720p content basically right @GrimReaper?

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I think we just want a way to distinguish between 480p and 720p content basically right @GrimReaper?

Yep. As @ebr stated, if you opt for cover treatment, you'll have DVD covers on that SD content (but badge-less), whereas HD content will get BD covers and badge. If, like me, you don't opt for cover treatment - you get nothing on SD. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

I meant that explains why the cover treatment itself isn't giving him that information.  If you use any of the "normal" treatments, they basically tell you the resolution as well.

MBSki
31 minutes ago, ebr said:

I meant that explains why the cover treatment itself isn't giving him that information.  If you use any of the "normal" treatments, they basically tell you the resolution as well.

I don't understand. I'm using Metro and I don't see the resolution information for 480p either. See below.

image.png.0c6826b4ca7100b328d7d6d1db4cfa37.png 

GrimReaper
29 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I don't understand. I'm using Metro and I don't see the resolution information for 480p either.

That DVD cover is indication, you don't get to have a badge. 

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

if you opt for cover treatment, you'll have DVD covers on that SD content (but badge-less), whereas HD content will get BD covers and badge

MBSki
4 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

LOL, but we should right? @ebr So why can't we get the badge too for DVD's?

2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

To clarify, you're already familiar with my somewhat manic OCD, and seeing: badge-badge-badge-NO badge-badge-badge triggers me quite a bit

Keep me away from your system or I'll add a simple stray dot to a couple images to really drive you crazy. LOL

2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Yep true but what he really wants is a default "SD" type image to use for anything DVD class so that he has consistency.

• Haha 1

MBSki
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

Yep true but what he really wants is a default "SD" type image to use for anything DVD class so that he has consistency.

To me the issue is the lack of a badge on 480p content when everything else has a badge. So I'd like to see the 480p just like I can see a badge for all other resolutions.

Edited by mbarylski
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, cayars said:

Keep me away from your system or I'll add a simple stray dot to a couple images to really drive you crazy. LOL

🤣

3 minutes ago, cayars said:

I know, I WANT THAT as well - and then some. 

• Like 1

MBSki

One of my other annoyances is that 720p and 1080p content get the same cover. At least the badges are there to distinguish, but I've never heard of a 720p Blu-ray. Was there ever a disc that delivered 720p?

image.png.d82dc2463c74dbb9837ec515ad711d75.png

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Was there ever a disc that delivered 720p

AFAIK nope, 1080p only. Guess that refers to own BD rips, if opted for such. 

Or it should be changed to Web-DL or WebRip. 🤭

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

So why can't we get the badge too for DVD's?

Hi.  We explained earlier why the plug-in doesn't do that now.  Its possible for the future.

MBSki
14 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  We explained earlier why the plug-in doesn't do that now.  Its possible for the future.

Right, that's what I was looking for. Just some acknowledgement that it could be added in the future. Do I need to add this as a feature request? 

2 hours ago, mbarylski said:

Do I need to add this as a feature request? 

No I think it makes sense.  Just a matter of time and priorities.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Yes some Blue-rays are only 720p and not 1080p.

Typically only TV Shows.

Heroes is a good example.

MBSki
39 minutes ago, cayars said:

Yes some Blue-rays are only 720p and not 1080p.

Typically only TV Shows.

Heroes is a good example.

Ah, tv shows...good call! Thanks!

• Like 1