Images sized wrong in collections with TV episodes and movies

MBSki

MBSki

The image size used seems to be determined by the first item added. So if I add a TV episode first, the images are all landscape. If a movie is first all the images are portrait. In the Android TV app the images are all sized correctly based on the content type.

@Luke Can you please fix? The web app has the wrong size images too. 

Android mobile pic:

SmartSelect_20211017-211541_Emby.thumb.jpg.cab1fd23499ec04c965c40152fb8f350.jpg

MBSki
3 minutes ago, roaku said:

There's nothing to fix. Emby is doing its best with the mix of image aspect ratios it's being given.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/102057-series-library-thumbnail-aspect-ratio-changing-on-its-own/&do=findComment&comment=1072436

Actually, that's not true. @ebr was able to mix aspect ratios in the Android TV app. See below.

274666939_20211017_215704(2).thumb.jpg.1ad00d6e27ca2f065a6ae4f32408f2a7.jpg

The only difference I see there is that there's no background framing the image.

The mixed aspect ratios are the same in both cases.

MBSki
7 minutes ago, roaku said:

The only difference I see there is that there's no background framing the image.

The images are different sizes. Either way, it looks better. 

So, maybe I just need to change the title to, "make the images in collections with TV episodes and movies look better". Does that work? 😁

It's not based on the first item. It's a calculation based on all of the items on the first page.

1 hour ago, roaku said:

Yes, the mobile screenshot looks good to me.

MBSki
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Yes, the mobile screenshot looks good to me.

No it doesn't. The Android TV version looks much better. It's using a wider size for the episodes than it is for the movies. You can see the difference in my screenshot above right?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, mbarylski said:

No it doesn't. The Android TV version looks much better. It's using a wider size for the episodes than it is for the movies. You can see the difference in my screenshot above right?

Again, the app is doing the best it can with the mix of aspect ratios it's being given.

In the Android case, the spacing between images is being reduced to compensate for the wider images.

In the web app, the image width is constant to preserve the look of a grid.

Neither are wrong or broken. You just prefer one method of dealing with the mixed images over the other.

I happen to dislike the inconsistent spacing more than the constant width with background.

MBSki
15 minutes ago, roaku said:

Again, the app is doing the best it can with the mix of aspect ratios it's being given.

Again, no it isn't. The Android TV app looks better. The web and Android apps could be made to look better too, and I don't know why you keep refuting that simple point.

12 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Again, no it isn't. The Android TV app looks better. The web and Android apps could be made to look better too, and I don't know why you keep refuting that simple point.

You're substituting your personal preference for 'best', and my point is still that they're all compensating for the fundamental problem of inconsistent images.

Different users are going to like different workarounds more than others, but they're all workarounds.

MBSki

No I'm not. For some reason you're refusing to even consider that it could be changed to look better. Just consider for a second that the Android TV app does it better. At a bare minimum get rid of the extra black bars around the episodes. Can you at least concede that getting rid of the black bars would make it look better?

1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

No I'm not. For some reason you're refusing to even consider that it could be changed to look better. Just consider for a second that the Android TV app does it better. At a bare minimum get rid of the extra black bars around the episodes. Can you at least concede that getting rid of the black bars would make it look better?

I do not agree with your opinion.

MBSki
Just now, roaku said:

I do not agree with your opinion.

Unbelievable.

@Luke Could you please at least consider just getting rid of the black bars?