Can't login via mobile app

sngreco

I can't login on the mobile android app to my emby server.  I type in the correct url / port but hitting connect does nothing. Works fine on emby for Android TV etc, and I can access the server using my mobile browser. Works fine in my wife's phone and we have the same phone. When I was first testing emby I believe I was able to connect on my phone but I was using emby connect which I no longer use. I've tried reinstalling, clearing cache / data, nothing seems to help. 

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, what exactly happens when you try?

Apparently nothing. No error messages. I can hit connect on the screen, or hit do on the keyboard and either way it just sits there. If I leave the app and come back without clearing data it will just sit in the loading screen. 

I had the same strange problem. No matter what I did, the Android app would start, briefly show the loading circle and get stuck on the startup screen with the emby logo. It wouldn't even get to the login screen. Force-closing, deleting cache and data, even reinstalling would not help. I had https remote connect set up and logins were working fine through web browser or through Android TV. It was also working fine on my Android tablet. I even tried looking at the logcat through adb, but I couldn't figure out what was going on.

It turned out it was due to the user server option "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into" I had set for my user. Disabling the option somehow fixed the Android app startup screen, and I was able to login again. I'm pretty sure this is a bug in the android app. 

Steps to reproduce:

- (If you are logged in the Android App already): sign out from the app.

- In the server options, enable "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into" for this user.

- Try signing in the app again: you get stuck. Force-closing or reinstalling doesn't help.

- In the server options, disable "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into" and the login should works fine again.

I use Emby for Android 3.2.19 and the stable server 4.6.4.0. I have a Pixel 4a 5G with Android 11 with security update 2021-10-01.

6 hours ago, Tombar said:

I had the same strange problem. No matter what I did, the Android app would start, briefly show the loading circle and get stuck on the startup screen with the emby logo. It wouldn't even get to the login screen. Force-closing, deleting cache and data, even reinstalling would not help. I had https remote connect set up and logins were working fine through web browser or through Android TV. It was also working fine on my Android tablet. I even tried looking at the logcat through adb, but I couldn't figure out what was going on.

It turned out it was due to the user server option "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into" I had set for my user. Disabling the option somehow fixed the Android app startup screen, and I was able to login again. I'm pretty sure this is a bug in the android app. 

Steps to reproduce:

- (If you are logged in the Android App already): sign out from the app.

- In the server options, enable "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into" for this user.

- Try signing in the app again: you get stuck. Force-closing or reinstalling doesn't help.

- In the server options, disable "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into" and the login should works fine again.

I use Emby for Android 3.2.19 and the stable server 4.6.4.0. I have a Pixel 4a 5G with Android 11 with security update 2021-10-01.

I tried this with my user account and it didn't have any affect.  I get stuck before I get the option to login, I can't even connect to the server at all.

Strange, I can reproduce the behavior 100% of the time if any user has "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into" set in the Server Options. In my case, I can't even get to the connect screen on the app. I have to uncheck the option "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into" through a web browser. Maybe someone else can reproduce this? I still believe it's a bug.

5 hours ago, Tombar said:

Strange, I can reproduce the behavior 100% of the time if any user has "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into" set in the Server Options. In my case, I can't even get to the connect screen on the app. I have to uncheck the option "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into" through a web browser. Maybe someone else can reproduce this? I still believe it's a bug.

Do you only have 1 user?  Did you ever get successfully logged in?  Were you ever using Emby connect?

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

It's possible your issue is this: 

Weird how it works for my wife and my friend who connected on mobile.  Also works for the multiple tv's connecting.  Can you tell me when that version will be released?