Unable to select another audio track

notfreebeer

notfreebeer
1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

Do you have the latest firmware for your TV?  Sometimes these odd playback issues are firmware related.  I'm seeing 1805.4 with a date of Sept 16.

Ok I checked it, I'm not at the latest release... will try to update and see if it fixes it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, notfreebeer said:

Btw, I'm going with reordering for the time being... hope it will be fixed soon.

Thanks everyone.

So does reordering fix this?

notfreebeer
7 hours ago, SamES said:

Actually, I've stripped unused streams just to be safe, keeping only one video and one audio, and ofc it works. If you want me to specifically test swapping two audio streams I can also do it on our sample 5. But, as already tested, the problem is that the default track is ignored (on the contrary of e.g. the web app)... and audio switching doesn't work either.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, notfreebeer said:

Actually, I've stripped unused streams just to be safe, keeping only one video and one audio, and ofc it works. If you want me to specifically test swapping two audio streams I can also do it on our sample 5. But, as already tested, the problem is that the default track is ignored (on the contrary of e.g. the web app)... and audio switching doesn't work either.

I have a suspicion on what is causing this.  We had a similar issue with subtitles on new models earlier this year (or late last year?).  The way that tracks are internally indexed in the Samsung player has changed and this causes an issue when there are non-sequential tracks.  It possibly even causes issues whenever there is more than one track (although I'm not certain).  My problem is that for this issue, the official emulators for 2021 models works the same as all previous models, but not the same as actual TV's.  I've taken a guess and implemented the same change for audio tracks as I'm certain this is the same issue.   I will try and get a new version for you to test, so keep a copy of your files with multiple tracks.

• Like 2

notfreebeer
16 hours ago, SamES said:

Hi, I just tried swapping the two audio tracks of sample 5, resulting in:

1. video
  2. secondary audio
  3. some subtitles
  4. primary audio [default]
  5. more subtitles

As we suspected only the first audio stream is played now (the secondary stream), and audio is not affected by switching between tracks both before and during the playback.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

This is a build you can try out that has fixes from @SamES. Thanks.

Thanks, I will try this soon.

Edited by notfreebeer

notfreebeer
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, it doesn't install. The popup says something like "emby.tmg invalid app package for security check failed [-7]". Of course I unistalled the old app first.

On 10/20/2021 at 6:37 PM, notfreebeer said:

Ok I checked it, I'm not at the latest release... will try to update and see if it fixes it.

Doesn't fix it either...

41 minutes ago, notfreebeer said:

Hi, it doesn't install. The popup says something like "emby.tmg invalid app package for security check failed [-7]". Of course I unistalled the old app first.

Can you please try again tomorrow?  I think there may be an issue with the package certificate date/time if you try it too soon after the package is created (based on different timezones).  It may not resolve the install issue, but worth trying again tomorrow.  I think I've seen something like this before, but I could be wrong

notfreebeer

Ok I can try again... perhaps it depends on the latest firmware I just upgraded to? Maybe expired certificates or a set of new ones or something else?

notfreebeer
5 hours ago, SamES said:

emby.tmg invalid app package for security check failed

Looks like there are a few threads on the forum about this error, but none of them seem to provide a definitive answer. It's the same usb stick used before to install the current release... I tried with another usb drive too but it's the same story. Will try again later.

notfreebeer
On 10/21/2021 at 6:12 PM, Luke said:

Ok, tested the patched app and sadly it doesn't fix it. It doesn't even appear to make that small audio cutoff when switching tracks (which the standard app is doing but without actually switching).

But now it's even worse than before under other aspects:

1. I had to give it temporary internet access in order to install for the first time after fw upgrade (was my last resort after seeing it wasn't even installing the emby version I had before). Ok, I can do it once, but:
  2. it is now taking a huge amount of time, and I mean minutes and minutes trying to load the Emby home, both with the standard and patched app. It gets stuck at the loading circle animation every time it has to load my media. It is TOTALLY unusable this way, and guess what, giving internet access fixes it almost instantly. Tested a couple of times and confirmed every time, and for me is a no-go.

Now I don't know if it's just coincidence, but nothing changed either server and client side (considering the non-patched app), the only change is the latest firmware afaict... do you have any clue about it?

Edited by notfreebeer

I expect this will need internet access to run.  Have you always run without internet access?

notfreebeer
9 minutes ago, SamES said:

I expect this will need internet access to run.  Have you always run without internet access?

Yeah I was running it without internet access before.

notfreebeer
57 minutes ago, SamES said:

I expect this will need internet access to run.

Btw, why do you expect a client relying on a local server to need internet access tho? For me, that's the last thing I would expect instead...

Edited by notfreebeer

6 hours ago, notfreebeer said:

Btw, why do you expect a client relying on a local server to need internet access tho? For me, that's the last thing I would expect instead...

Our app does not require an internet connection, but the Samsung part of the process might.

• Like 1

notfreebeer
10 hours ago, notfreebeer said:

it is now taking a huge amount of time, and I mean minutes and minutes trying to load the Emby home

Apparently it was hanging due to packets being dropped by the firewall (which was not a problem before with the old firmware). I managed to workaround it now...

Aside from this, the original issue is unfortunately still there... but thanks for your support showed until now!

notfreebeer
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Which issue is solved, the install problem?

Both of these:

21 hours ago, notfreebeer said:
  • I had to give it temporary internet access in order to install [...]
  • it is now taking a huge amount of time, and I mean minutes and minutes trying to load the Emby home [...]

Anyway now i reverted back to the current standard app, as the patched one didn't fix it...

On 24/10/2021 at 19:26, notfreebeer said:

Anyway now i reverted back to the current standard app, as the patched one didn't fix it...

OK, thanks, although it surprises me that it didn't resolve it.  I'll have to think on this one as I don't know what else to suggest, and I can't reproduce it.  There are some other things we can try to diagnose this after the next beta release is published.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
Barlog9511

Hello everyone

After buying a new NeoQLED TV I started having a problem with the Emby app ( the app worked on QLED 2017 without any problem )
Installation went fine via Samsung app store ( v 1.1.03 ) and via USB ( v 1.1.06 )
the initial setup was without any problems

However, the problem occurs if I want to change the audio track or change subtitles
this change is not made and only the original default track ( or subtitles ) play

On other players ( chromecast, web, mobile devices ) I don't have this problem

Thank you for the solution :)

embyserver.txt

I have another similar report on NeoQLED.  I suspect Samsung have (again) changed the the way track identification and selection works.

It's a hard one to replicate without a current TV, but I am looking at this issue.

• Like 1

Barlog9511
30 minutes ago, SamES said:

I have another similar report on NeoQLED.  I suspect Samsung have (again) changed the the way track identification and selection works.

It's a hard one to replicate without a current TV, but I am looking at this issue.

if you need to test some fix just write me, I can test it operatively on my TV :)

• Like 2