Downloaded content 'played' tag to sync back to Emby

BenVenn
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

BenVenn

I am out and about on business often so I will occasionally download episodes from TV shows I'm watching to enjoy on my travels via the Emby mobile app.

One thing that I find difficult is that when I get back my Emby server does not know which of the episodes I downloaded I actually watched - because, well, I was offline and not connected to the database, this is understandable.

I was wondering if such functionality could ever be implemented whereby Emby Server could be made aware the next time a device 'checks in' to see if any of its downloaded content has been played since its last 'check in'. If the content matches a show/song/film that exists in Emby Server the 'played' counter will then update for the currently logged in user.

Would be interesting to see what others think of this, as it has been on my mind as of late.

MBSki

I think it syncs up for me. Are you deleting the downloads before you're back online? I have the downloads set to only download episodes I haven't watched, so when I reconnect it syncs played status them grabs the next set of episodes that I have t watched.

• Like 1

BenVenn
1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

I think it syncs up for me. Are you deleting the downloads before you're back online? I have the downloads set to only download episodes I haven't watched, so when I reconnect it syncs played status them grabs the next set of episodes that I have t watched.

I don't do that - no, I suppose I was a bit scared of the prospect of disk space being used up as I have about 6/7 seasons worth of 25 episodes I haven't watched yet!

It would be interesting if this functionality was extended over to just normally downloaded content (also for songs/albums + films)

• Solution

I was wondering if such functionality could ever be implemented whereby Emby Server could be made aware the next time a device 'checks in' to see if any of its downloaded content has been played since its last 'check in'. 

Hi, this should be happening automatically. We'll do some testing on it. Thanks.