NextPVR plugin 3.7.5

emveepee

9 hours ago, brainfryd said:

@emveepee

Hi Martin - Is there a new version of this plugin or any way to get the link published again as it doesn't seem to be working. I'm having an issue my emby server crashing on latest update and suspect it may be related to my old version of the nextpvr plugin V3.70

Thanks for your help

Sounds like you're on the beta server. Please see here: 

Thanks.

brainfryd

@emveepee Thanks for your response, Martin.

Yes as you surmised, I am running the Beta version of the server and have been for years... this is disappointing, as I've been a user & supporter of Emby, since about 2009 in its previous life, but it has been on the cards for a while.

I have to admit, I'm not sure Emby will ever get to supporting the Dvico DVB-T quad HD tuner that was available for a long time here in Aust, it appears unless you purchase a brand like Hauppauge, support for tuners is likely to be limited.

I for one really appreciate your support of the plug-in over it's history as I've also used NextPVR for quite some time and been very happy with performance and support. I guess I will investigate the m3u tuner option although I am hesitant to go this way

Again thanks for all your help and support on this plugin and NextPVR community in general  

We are trying to arrange for an updated NextPVR plugin compatible with these recent Emby changes. Hopefully we'll be able to have something up an running in the near future.

It wont provide the same functionality, but will fit in with Emby's new model. 

Edited by sub3
  • Like 2

cselvaraj

Hello, Martin.  The download link no longer works.  Is it still possible to get version 3.7.5 of this plugin?

Thank you!

Emby version: 4.6.7.0
NextPVR version: 5.2.6.220206

emveepee

As l noted above I removed the addon to avoid confusion because when Emby 4.7 is released  you will lose access to recordings and will also need to migrate your schedules.  Even if Emby updates the plugin this will be a necessary.  

Personally I recommend considering using the m3u tuner.

Martin

The plugin should be available again soon and you'll be able to set it up using the process outlined here: 

Thanks.

arrbee99

So to clarify, this plugin means you have to control / record / whatever through Emby alone ?

But it does take the guide data from NextPVR ? I think it does for me, at lease I have duplicate channels via the m3u and the plugin and the guides have different sources and are slightly different.

Or maybe I need to update the older guide.

My guide from NextPVR is OTA and m3u is xmltv by the way.

emveepee

Emby and NextPVR are isolated so while they can still work separately it could be a nightmare to manage.

NextPVR recordings will also have priority over streaming to Emby since that to NextPVR is live TV

Martin

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
cselvaraj
On 3/22/2022 at 2:10 PM, emveepee said:

As l noted above I removed the addon to avoid confusion because when Emby 4.7 is released  you will lose access to recordings and will also need to migrate your schedules.  Even if Emby updates the plugin this will be a necessary.  

Personally I recommend considering using the m3u tuner.

Martin

I understand the coming change.  I made the mistake of uninstalling the current plugin and lost the existing functionality.  I was hoping to restore it by reinstalling the current version of the plugin.

At any rate, it's not a big deal.  I can wait for the next versions and the new setup they represent.  Thanks!

emveepee
6 hours ago, cselvaraj said:

I understand the coming change.  I made the mistake of uninstalling the current plugin and lost the existing functionality.  I was hoping to restore it by reinstalling the current version of the plugin.

At any rate, it's not a big deal.  I can wait for the next versions and the new setup they represent.  Thanks!

Ok I reverted the delete on github for those that want to continue to use this before 4.7 comes out.

Martin

cselvaraj
On 4/8/2022 at 9:35 AM, emveepee said:

Ok I reverted the delete on github for those that want to continue to use this before 4.7 comes out.

Martin

That's great!  Thanks so much, Martin!