NextPVR plugin 3.7.5

emveepee

emveepee

I have uploaded  version 3.7.5  which updates additional fields to improve the searching functionality on series and movies in Emby.   Thanks to @Luke for helping me identify the required changes

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/sub3/NextPVR/utilities/downloads/LiveTV.Plugins.NextPVR-3.7.5.zip

NOTE;  The plugin API will change and this must not be used with Emby V4.7 and above

Martin

Edited by emveepee
  • Thanks 3

emveepee

Sorry this forum is different, the actual link is hidden by the forum software I had to take the link and place it in text editor and the bring it back in.  No that I think about it this happened before.

Martin

• Thanks 1

Red5ive

That did the trick! Had to refesh guide data first but after that the episode showings are once again being shown on a search.

Thanks Martin and Luke for working together on this.

S

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, aaronouthier said:

Umm, so how do I install this version. Emby Server only shows up to 3.3.3?

What's your current Emby Server versions?
What version of NextPVR are you currently running?
What version of the plugin do you current have?

arrbee99

I think you download the zip from the first post, unzip it and copy the dll to

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins

or similar and restart the server.

If there's anything similar there already suggest renaming to xxx-old or similar.

Haven't done this for a while, so if I'm wrong please blame someone else...

aaronouthier

Aaaaand, there were 2 replies, but I only noticed 1. Not off to a great start today.

Emby version 4.6.4.0 Running on an Asus Tinker Board 1S with Armbian as the OS.

NextPVR version 5.2.2.211017 running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+

Current plugin version 3.3.3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am hoping to get some help.  I've installed NextPVR on a Windows 10 PC - all works great, setup all local channels, can watch, record... etc.

Now, I am trying to go a step further and access this NextPVR install through Emby server install on my TrueNAS box.  There's a NextPVR plugin within Emby - I've installed it, entered in the correct IP of the NextPVR computer http://<my internal IP>:8866 entered in the correct pin.

But, nothing can be seen from the Emby side.

Please let me know what's the issue Smile and/or how to configure properly so I can access from Emby....

NextPVR v5.2.3.21111

NextPVR Emby Emby plugin v3.3.3.0

TrueNAS Emby Plugin/Jail 4.6.6.0

Edited by ASW

1 hour ago, ASW said:

NextPVR Emby Emby plugin v3.3.3.0

I'm pretty sure 3.3.3.0 is the old NextPVR v4 plugin, and you need the 3.7.5 one (linked in first post) to be able to work correctly with v5. 

emveepee

This is the 3.7.5 thread for V5 so certainly install this one not V3.3.0.  The issue Emby users seem to have is locating the plugin folder where the dll should go on various platform.  I mentioned that this could be on the Dashboard but an Emby user would be in a better position of explaining this.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

30 minutes ago, sub3 said:

I'm pretty sure 3.3.3.0 is the old NextPVR v4 plugin, and you need the 3.7.5 one (linked in first post) to be able to work correctly with v5. 

Hi, VIA Emby plugin page, the highest it goes is v3.3.3.0

So, how am I able to install the v3.7.5  into Emby?  Is it as simple as copying the .dll file in my jail somewhere (as emveepee suggests)..  See picture for the root of my emby installation:

image.png.4f4a480ed25bdf2bd942c2a2867e8a54.png

well, doing some searching in my jail I found these files.  Do I just replace the .dll, or rename the .dll downloaded from 1st post to MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr.dll and replace it?

image.png.433d7055146fb7242a14a697de706e4a.png

emveepee

Those would be V3.3.0 which you should uninstall.  I'd try putting the dll in there are seeing if you can choose it in settings.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

ok, finding out more here.  That is the correct placement of the new .dll.  I renamed it and uploaded it to my jail/server and now I see in the Emby instance, plugins - which 3.7.5 is now apparently correct.

image.png.7753577864b40ad4632f475601fc100e.png

Well, I did not rename that .dll and the plugin from the Emby console disappears.

So, I rename it to MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr.dll and I see the plugin from the Emby console. [v3.7.5]

I go ahead and change the settings from the Emby plugin page to point to the NextPVR backend and can only see the existing recordings so far.  A few reboots of the NextPVR and Emby instances, still no live tv... only can see the existing recordings.

I log into the NextPVR server via the internal IP address, I hit record on one of the live TV stations, and it immediately appears in the Emby instance in the recordings section.

So, it kinda works?

emveepee

I did  ask you not to use this thread because I don't want this thread to become a blog.   Uninstall v3.3.0, unzip the other dll and restart the Emby server and we can have a look on the new thread with logs.

Martin

• 3 months later...
brainfryd

@emveepee

Hi Martin - Is there a new version of this plugin or any way to get the link published again as it doesn't seem to be working. I'm having an issue my emby server crashing on latest update and suspect it may be related to my old version of the nextpvr plugin V3.70

Thanks for your help

Edited by brainfryd
updated

emveepee

Recently Luke told me that Emby decided to make the Live TV interface API one way and were removing all recording and scheduling interfaces, effectively isolating Emby so much that NextPVR is not going to be usable on its' own or via other NextPVR clients.  Since I personally am only interested in a two way interface I opted out of making the required changes.  The NextPVR API was never approved for use by commercial products, but because the old interface did provide some benefit to NextPVR users sub didn't object to continued use, now there is zero value.

I think only the beta version of Emby is currently impacted but if that is what you are using, yes you will have problems.  I had hoped that Emby would have provided an explanation.  No doubt they felt removing the interface was easier then updating the legacy Live TV interface, which frankly hasn't received any maintenance for years.

I did remove the link earlier this week to avoid new users going through the trouble of installing it for a very brief period of time.   People that need NextPVR as a bridge for their tuner will need to use the m3u tuner which is a better one-way interface anyway or move to one of the other PVR backends that Luke ported to the new API. 

I do feel sorry for OTA EPG users in some countries,  perhaps after this change Emby will be in a better position to move forward to adding more tuners and OTA EPG to their next generation PVR.

Martin

Edited by emveepee