Shuffle download issue on Android Mobile

anubis2003

anubis2003

I have been having an issue shuffling downloaded music on my Samsung Galaxy S10+. I would like to download quite a few artists and albums for offline play on a shuffle. I am able to download the songs just fine but the issue arises when I want to advance to the next song, the Next button isn't always there. I access it from the home page and select Downloads --> music --> shuffle at the top. It will play one random song then stop and the next button is not available.

I have noticed that it will appear when i have under a certain number of songs downloaded, not sure what the number is but it is less than the number of songs i want to download. It doesn't do this on my old iPhone 7, no matter how many song i have downloaded. No other media type is downloaded. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Emby several times from both the play store and the APK downloaded from here. The recent update that installed today (Oct 14, 2021) is the 3rd update i have been having the issue. One thing i haven't tried yet (and don't want to) is wipe and reinstall my phone.

My setup:

Asustor AS6404T running ADM version 4.0.0RMD2

Ember Server version 4.6.4.0

Samsung Galaxy S10+ running Emby Android Mobile 3.2.19

All permissions Emby asks for are allowed on my S10+

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
SeaxdaVe

Hi there, similar issue in my Samsung S9.

Basically, when I "shuffle" all downloads, only 1 random song is added into the Play Queueu.

Thank you!

Logs folder doesn't exist on my device.

Android/data/com.mb.android/files/logs

Emby for Android 3.2.44

Server 4.6.7

7 hours ago, SeaxdaVe said:

Hi there, similar issue in my Samsung S9.

Basically, when I "shuffle" all downloads, only 1 random song is added into the Play Queueu.

Thank you!

Logs folder doesn't exist on my device.

Android/data/com.mb.android/files/logs

Emby for Android 3.2.44

Server 4.6.7

Hi, why do you think only one song is added to the play queue?

SeaxdaVe
On 29/04/2022 at 15:51, Luke said:

Hi, why do you think only one song is added to the play queue?

Hey Luke, I just click on the playing song to display the current "Play Queue" and it's empty, there is only 1 song on the list. No matter how many times I click on "shuffle".

I've been doing some tests and it seems to be an issue related with one of my artists. There should be something wrong with one of its albums or songs. Removing all downloads and downloading a different artist solve the problem, the "shuffle" action works fine. Downloading the problematic artist brakes it again.

Not sure what could be the reason, can't find the logs, there is only the "Donwload" folder inside "/Android/data/com.mb.android/files" 😕

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 8:46 PM, tubensandwich said:

This is still an issue. Any ideas, at least on what makes certain content 'problematic'? 

Hi, it's shuffling a folder of folders that is the culprit. We'll take another look at it. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Good day Gentlemen,

I´d like to chip in on this. I encounter the same issue as described above.

From what I can tell, the "single track" playing once you hit "shuffle all" refers to Folders as @Lukementioned.

If you´d have a folder structure eg. an album where you´d have 2 or more tracks located in, It´d actually add all of those in the queue.

However, this does not exactly reflect the "shuffle all" function expected.

I am not sure if this is related, but in the same menu (Downloads/Music) in the Android app, I seem to fail changing the view or filter.

In most cases it basically does not adjust the view as it would in the "connected Server/[Media Library]" menu.

This issue i´ve seen on several phones for the past 3 years, so I guess this is within the APP.

I´d be happy to provide more details, but I am not that good with debugging android yet and also am on travel for next 2 weeks.

Sidenote: I love what the Emby Team created here! Proud Lifetime Subscriber...

• Thanks 1