DS220j DSM7 Mess

stevecento

stevecento

Hi,

I tried to get Emby up and running on DSM6 but failed to access my content folders. I upgraded to DSM7 but the install was just a mess. I've since deleted or moved the volume1/emby folder and @appdata/EmbyServer and the Emby user. How can I do a clean install deleting all existing Emby parts.

Regards
Steve C

Uninstall the apps. You can remove if present emby_pkg, emby and video group if present.

Assuming you install to volume1 you would delete both of these folders and everything under them via SSH with sudo -i.
/volume1/Emby
/volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer

Now you can install Emby Server from the Synology App store or manually install from the website for the beta release.

stevecento

I managed to get Emby up and running, although I'd like to know how I can delete the @appdata/DelEmbyServer folder I moved the old copies to?

My file structure has always been /volume1/videos/... with TV Shows and Movies subfolders. In order to run Emby smoothly what is recommended?

For some reason metadata has brought up scream tv series with subfolders of different tv shows as seasons.

The scan of library files has gotten to 89% but now taking huge amounts of time to move 0.1%, I have over 14,000 wav files of music. It would be nice if Emby could show the file it is processing during a scan to monitor how it is going.

What is @appdata/DelEmbyServer folder?

Is this /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer that you previously renamed to install again?

Open putty and login as admin.  No sudo -i is needed.

Enter this at the command line

tail -f /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/logs/embyserver.txt

That will give you a running view of the server log.
If you want to exit do a control c

stevecento

I managed to get Emby running, the folder was designed to be deleted but I just didn't know the SSH commands. When you change a filename or add a new media file, does Emby rescan the library entirely again? or refresh metadata? Is there a way for music to pickup artist and title off the file rather than metadata? Can you favourite songs?

9 hours ago, stevecento said:

I managed to get Emby running, the folder was designed to be deleted but I just didn't know the SSH commands. When you change a filename or add a new media file, does Emby rescan the library entirely again? or refresh metadata? Is there a way for music to pickup artist and title off the file rather than metadata? Can you favourite songs?

Hi, yes you can favorite songs.

Music info comes from embedded metadata though, not file names.

If you rename files, just run a regular library scan after that and the server will pick up the changes.