Can’t get login to Emby with Apple TV

Jmiles

vdatanet

Can you give more information about your setup? (Property, server location, Yes / No SSL connection...) Server logs can also provide information.

Probably is I can login with Emby on my iPhone. But when I try too on Apple TV it’s saying my username and password is wrong. I did the pin code and it’s connected. I have changed my password and uninstalled Emby and reinstalled. 

Probably is I can login with Emby on my iPhone. But when I try too on Apple TV it’s saying my username and password is wrong. I did the pin code and it’s connected. I have changed my password and uninstalled Emby and reinstalled. 
Emby server 

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Where is the Emby Server located? Who owns it?

I don’t know where it located. All I know it’s happyville 

How has the owner of the server instructed you to login? Using emby connect, or local server credentials from their server?

• 2 years later...
Dustinmurray

To reply to this comment that doesn't ever seem to get answered on any of the threads, here is the answer...

Something happens between the Apple TV and Emby that it changes your server url or port number but it does not allow you to log in when the URL or Port # aren't exactly right.

The only way to get your Emby to work again on the Apple TV is to

1. delete the Emby app

2.Re-install Emby

3.Open Emby

4. Hit SKIP on the pin code screen

5. Enter your URL and Port number manually into the app -

6. Last step is to log in using the credentials that will work on every other device except Apple TV.

Hopefully this helps someone because it took me FOREVER to figure out WTF was happening on my Apple TV

Cheers!

5 hours ago, Dustinmurray said:

To reply to this comment that doesn't ever seem to get answered on any of the threads, here is the answer...

Something happens between the Apple TV and Emby that it changes your server url or port number but it does not allow you to log in when the URL or Port # aren't exactly right.

The only way to get your Emby to work again on the Apple TV is to

1. delete the Emby app

2.Re-install Emby

3.Open Emby

4. Hit SKIP on the pin code screen

5. Enter your URL and Port number manually into the app -

6. Last step is to log in using the credentials that will work on every other device except Apple TV.

Hopefully this helps someone because it took me FOREVER to figure out WTF was happening on my Apple TV

Cheers!

HI, can you please give an example of what you mean by this? What did it change from? What did it change to?