Interfaz Android Tv

Banquero

Banquero

Buenas tardes, utilizo varias app de Emby, como Emby Theater, Emby para Samusng Smart TV y Emby para Android Tv..Observo que esta última, Android Tv, está algo "desfasada" en cuanto a su interfaz..Por ejemplo para Samsung Smart TV, la interfaz es moderna, con botones redondeados, independientemente de las opciones que tenga una u otra app..No quiero parecer desagradecido, pero ¿podemos esperar una modernización de dicha interfaz a corto plazo? Muchas gracias, como siempre...

• Confused 1

Banquero
On 10/13/2021 at 7:20 PM, Luke said:

Hi, can you give an example?

You can also sideload our standard Android app on the same device:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Buenos días, Luke, pues me refiero, por ejemplo a los diversos botones de la interfaz de Samsung Smart Tv, son redondeados, modernos, la interfaz de configuración de la app de Android Tv está "anticuada", la interfaz por ejemplo de Samsung Smart TV es mucho más moderna, o la selección de idiomas y subtitulos en una peli, está mucho más conseguido en Samsung Smart Tv o en el propio Emby para Android..En fin, en definitva me refiero a hacer la interfaz más amigable y moderna...Gracias y un saludo...

So you are saying rounder buttons make it look more "modern"?  Or, more like Apple? ;) 

Do have any other specifics other than the button shape?

Thanks.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

So you are saying rounder buttons make it look more "modern"? 

Oh, please, DON'T. Like EVER. 

Edit: Where's the "downvote" reaction? 

Edited by GrimReaper
Frantically looking through the options available
  • Like 1

Banquero
7 minutes ago, ebr said:

So you are saying rounder buttons make it look more "modern"?  Or, more like Apple? ;) 

Do have any other specifics other than the button shape?

Thanks.

Buenos dias, ebr, Efectivamente las esquinas redondeadas de los botones, dan una apariencia más moderna..Aprovecho para comentar que llevo 35 años manejando ordenadores y no soy  usuario de Apple..De hecho, no entiendo que les parezca tan extraño esto que comento, cuando las app de Samsung Smart Tv y Emby para Android, arrojan los elementos que estoy comentando...Otro detalle, como me indicas en el comentario es que los botones en Emby para Android Tv son demasiado pequeños, queda mucho mejor que aparezca en el interior del boton, la palabra "Reproducir" "Reproducido", etc..Yo lo veo más intuitivo, pero vamos que no pretendo ofender absolutamente a nadie..Gracias por vuestra atención...

GrimReaper

Well, it is certainly your right to express your views and preferences, as it is likely there will be those that absolutely disagree, like myself - if anything, I don't like how Android client app does it and don't like text inside buttons. Nor ever want to see them rounded. 

• Like 1

rodainas

There is always some margin to improve things for example, the items poster size, you sideload the android mobile app  and the posters ironically there take more advantage of the tv screen than the androidtv app.

Or the color combination of some themes, when you navigate through various sections  like movie details some of them give bad contrast, for example black text over dark gray background for multiversion or tracks selection, very hard to read.

Other things like giving the option of using horizontal scrolling with plot details and fanart on hoovering on library items will help, this takes advantage of the widescreen form factor of a tv.

Just tossing some ideas here.

• Like 1

GrimReaper

As said above, that is all heavily dependant on user preferences. 

23 minutes ago, rodainas said:

the items poster size, you sideload the android mobile app  and the posters ironically there take more advantage of the tv screen than the androidtv app.

Not quite sure what do you mean by that, you still get presented with 6 posters in a row, with 1 1/2 rows being visible, whereas there are 2 full rows (by 6 items per row) in ATV app, moreover if you opt to not show labels, top bar is much more informative. Similarly, once in any item detail view, you are presented with much smaller poster in Android app, as opposed to ATV app if you don't favor logo (which is how I keep it as all my posters have ratings on them, making those practically unreadable whereas ATV app presents nice big posters with every detail visible). 

28 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Other things like giving the option of using horizontal scrolling with plot details and fanart on hoovering on library items will help, this takes advantage of the widescreen form factor of a tv.

That one I'm not quite positive either, given my natural distaste of anything popping-out on hover unless requested by keypress, however hard to judge without actually experience it. Not too inclined, though, simply by imagining it. 

rodainas
4 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Not quite sure what do you mean by that, you still get presented with 6 posters in a row, with 1 1/2 rows being visible, whereas there are 2 full rows (by 6 items per row) in ATV app, moreover if you opt to not show labels, top bar is much more informative. Similarly, once in any item detail view, you are presented with much smaller poster in Android app, as opposed to ATV app if you don't favor logo (which is how I keep it as all my posters have ratings on them, making those practically unreadable whereas ATV app presents nice big posters with every detail visible). 

Am just taking of the poster size on Home Screen for example, I compare the look of Android Mobile (Sideloaded), Samsung TV App or Webapp on a TV, this is subjective of course, but I like the look of the other apps better.

8 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

That one I'm not quite positive either, given my natural distaste of anything popping-out on hover unless requested by keypress, however hard to judge without actually experience it. Not too inclined, though, simply by imagining it. 

Well, that's why I said giving the option, not changing altogether in absolute form.

• Agree 1

GrimReaper
26 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Am just taking of the poster size on Home Screen for example, I compare the look of Android Mobile (Sideloaded), Samsung TV App or Webapp on a TV, this is subjective of course, but I like the look of the other apps better.

IIRC there was a talk few years back, about that padding between the posters, reducing of which would technically allow for larger posters (without opting for Large image type in settings) - @ebr would have to comment on that - bringing them closer in size to the other apps then. Guess I got used to them in current iteration. 

31 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Well, that's why I said giving the option, not changing altogether in absolute form.

Yep, fair enough. 

• Like 1

FrostByte

Loaded Win11 when it came out and noticed a lot more things are rounded now.  Not sure what the current Android style guide recommends, but it does seem to be a trend lately.  That and a lot of lesser used things got pushed to a more options selection to make the menus look cleaner, though it causes me a lot more clicks when I want to use them.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

a lot of lesser used things got pushed to a more options selection to make the menus look cleaner, though it causes me a lot more clicks when I want to use them.

That is one of the main reasons I'm strongly against rounding the buttons up and placing text inside them, as it would inevitably lead to them being enlarged - aside that I don't see a reasonable way to place "Play S1 Episode 1" or "Resume from 29:44" inside a single button - and by proxy, result in less of them being presented up-front in limited dedicated screen-estate, but hidden behind three-dot menu, which again would result in lot more clicks for no gain at all. I understand that some functions need to be sacrificed in order to keep-up with the trends, but remote-controlled clickable interface ain't really comparable with finger (or mouse) press and finger (or mouse) movement accross the screen. I lean heavily on having as many functions available on top-level. 

Not to mention that current button uniformity and cohesivness (something that my OCD rejoices) would be moot. 🤦‍♂️

8 hours ago, rodainas said:

like movie details some of them give bad contrast, for example black text over dark gray background for multiversion or tracks selection, very hard to read.

Hi.  Can you tell me exactly what theme has this problem?

Thanks.

rodainas
On 10/16/2021 at 4:18 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  Can you tell me exactly what theme has this problem?

Thanks.

The Apple TV theme, check the movie details page for example.

16 hours ago, rodainas said:

The Apple TV theme, check the movie details page for example.

Thanks.  So you mean just when focus is on one of the media selectors but the list hasn't been popped up yet?

rodainas
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Thanks.  So you mean just when focus is on one of the media selectors but the list hasn't been popped up yet?

Yes and the contrast when focusing on the buttons I think it looks weak and is not giving the desiring focus effect.

And maybe make the background overlay a little more white or gray (creating more contrast), to help make the genre, year, rating, plot, etc. black text easier to read.

2E782035-D313-43F7-AF3B-4FE4B085F92D.jpeg

5A2C24C8-1FA4-4D12-B488-D489BE24A92D.jpeg

7740D15A-DD35-4DD8-9E4D-D1614AB15034.jpeg

Edited by rodainas
Append