Any way to record one broadcast to multiple files?

Mister Steve

17 minutes ago, Mister Steve said:

@SamES Thanks for your suggestion to use my phone to access the timeline, it's a simple solution that works way better than trying to seek via the TV remote.   My Samsung QN65LS03 does not seem to support MPEG-2 .ts files, it transcodes to H.264 (AVC). 

If you want, you can do a test one day and turn this setting off on the server and see if it DirectPlays MPEG-2 .  It may just be a case that we haven't come across yet.  Having said that, the fact that it is transcoding is an advantage to you as at least it is giving you capability to seek.  If we make it DirectPlay that actually makes it one step harder for you.

You want to make sure you turn this setting back on when you're done, but please let me know the result.

image.png.7832c7ace80c2b748bdb2643025cc31a.png

Mister Steve

Using direct play I get the audio and black screen with occasional flashes on this TV (Samsung 'The Frame' 2021).  

2021-10-14 19:55:56.149 Info Server: http/1.1 GET http://192.168.1.140:8096/emby/videos/841242/hls1/main/19.ts?DeviceId=&MediaSourceId=&PlaySessionId=&VideoCodec=h264,h265,hevc&AudioCodec=ac3,eac3,aac,mp3,opus&VideoBitrate=139616000&AudioBitrate=384000&MaxWidth=4096&AudioStreamIndex=1&TranscodingMaxAudioChannels=6&SegmentContainer=ts&MinSegments=1&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=False&ManifestSubtitles=vtt&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline,high10&h264-level=51&TranscodeReasons=DirectPlayError. Connection=Upgrade, HTTP2-Settings, Upgrade=h2c, Accept=*/*, Accept-Encoding=deflate, gzip, Host=192.168.1.140:8096, User-Agent=samsung-agent/1.1, HTTP2-Settings=

image.png.c229f8dd3fa152cd9bede0f7fb3bfbd9.png

Mister Steve

10 hours ago, cayars said:

Don't you love it?  A TV that can't play MPEG2. :)

Samsung's "The Frame" TV is at its best when the TV is off, the art mode really is impressive.  I plan to get a more capable TV for sports watching in the basement, so I'm not overly concerned about direct play on the Samsung.

I love my Samsung TV but I use a Shield TV with it.  Shield's rock and just make any TV better. :)

I don't know about the art mode thing as my TV hasn't been turned off in years.  It's on 24/7.

22 hours ago, Mister Steve said:

Using direct play I get the audio and black screen with occasional flashes on this TV (Samsung 'The Frame' 2021).  

Then it sounds like the current configuration is correct.  Thanks for confirming

• 11 months later...
Mister Steve

I discovered today Emby has a manual recording option as of version 4.7 and it works great - thanks Emby team!  This feature addresses the issue I first raised in this thread.

Videos sometime hang when forwarding long in-process recordings, especially toward the 3+ hr mark where sports matches are decided.  I recorded Monday Night Football today into 8 30 minute "episodes" and they were nicely saved in order where I could watch them like a TV series.    30 mins is probably overkill, going forward I'll try 1-hour segments.

I've been too busy this year to read release notes and such but I'm not making that mistake again.

• Thanks 1