"The path could not be found"

Vector3D
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

Vector3D

I'm new to NAS but I've been working on this for two days now, have tried multiple suggestions on here, YouTube, and Reddit, and I'm still stuck!

I can't get Emby to find my folders. I've set permissions to read/write, I've reinstalled Emby multiple times, I tried manually installing Emby, I've restarted my NAS multiple times, , nothing seems to be working. I even tried to make a new group for Embysrvr, a new user called embysrvr, as suggested elsewhere but that didn't work either. I followed some tutorial on YouTube that had me going into Docker and messing with port configurations and that didn't work either.

Every time I try to add my folder it still gives me "The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again." error. I'm hoping it's something obvious that I'm just overlooking but whatever it is, I'm completely lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated but please remember that I'm new to NAS, please be patient with me, I come from a medical background so just remember that some of the more advanced things with this are a learning-curve for me!

FrostByte

Are you using DSM 7?

Permissions have changed some and the emby user is now a system internal user which can't be seen until you click the dropdown box.  You can delete all those local users you created also if using DSM 7 as the internal user account is the only one needed.

permissions.thumb.jpg.704463c92983c45a15f168daa6777bd4.jpg

Vector3D

Apologies for not including that info. I am using DSM 7 and have set system internal user settings already, it's still not working. I will go ahead and delete the unnecessary users and groups though since it's just making a mess at this point haha!

Edited by Vector3D

• Solution
FrostByte

When you add your folders does it look something like mine below?

In my example MyEmbyMedia is my NAS shared folder and Movies, TV shows, etc are sub folders holding my different types of media

embyfolders.jpg.5743c71395a6ff82142e584d538396ca.jpg

Vector3D

That was it! I'm not sure if it was another tutorial I was using or just an assumption on my part but I had been putting in \\[server name] into the folder name and that's what wasn't working. Lol I knew it had to be something this simple since I couldn't find anyone else with the same issue.  Thanks so much, apologies for the trouble!

• Like 1