Tips to set up emby on a QNAP NAS using Docker with HW Transcoding

Ikario

have less time at the moment to check it in detail. hope the next week i can look about it.

i tried a lot about the drivers. uninstall, reinstall also opened a ticket by qnap to look about it.
they created another container caffee and after this the nvidia-uvm was present. after a reboot the file was not there again and they created a caffe-2 container and then the file was there again. the support do not really care when it is a kind of 3th party app and not a qnap application.
i did not run the command in the cli directly. when it works with it, then i think i have a workaround without a autorun.sh

Edited by paddy75

On 9/17/2023 at 12:16 AM, paddy75 said:

have less time at the moment to check it in detail. hope the next week i can look about it.

i tried a lot about the drivers. uninstall, reinstall also opened a ticket by qnap to look about it.
they created another container caffee and after this the nvidia-uvm was present. after a reboot the file was not there again and they created a caffe-2 container and then the file was there again. the support do not really care when it is a kind of 3th party app and not a qnap application.
i did not run the command in the cli directly. when it works with it, then i think i have a workaround without a autorun.sh

That would be great, thanks !

So yeah, the issue is that you need QuTS to call the GPU at least once before the emby container is ran, for some reason depending on how you run your containers that may or may not happen, it's a whole mess. Running that command is just one surefire way of making it appear.  You can then use an autorun.sh or whatever floats your boat.  Hell, there's probably something on QuTS Hero you could run on boot that will make it appear as a workaround.  Also, if you run your containers manually, you don't need to create an autorun, there's tons of ways you could go around it.  The autorun proposed is a solution for people that run their containers on boot and want to have everything heavily automated, it makes sense when you also run your containers using docker compose using a script, but there's plenty of solutions to this same problem.

• Thanks 1