Emby on Firestick problems unlocking app

Chalklands

Chalklands

Hi,

I have a current Premiere subscription. I'm trying to unlock the emby app on my firestick, but when I click on my user (there is only one) and select unlock app, nothing happens. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

Edited by Chalklands

Chalklands
2 minutes ago, DJX said:

If you have premiere do you need to unlock???

No idea, but if I click on my  'user' there are the options to 'sign me up', 'unlock app' and 'restore unlock'. Not sure if I need to 'unlock' or not?

rodainas

If you have premiere is not necessary to unlock the device, unless you reach the premiere device count limit for that server premiere key.

Hi.  If you have a "sign me up" button, then  you are not connected to a server with a valid Premiere license.  Exactly what are you trying to do/what problem are you having?

Chalklands
7 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  If you have a "sign me up" button, then  you are not connected to a server with a valid Premiere license.  Exactly what are you trying to do/what problem are you having?

Hi,

It's not a major problem. I happened to click on my user on the FireTV emby and saw the 'Unlock App' option, as I have a current premiere subscription I thought I'd see what unlocking the app did. What does it do? Does it add any extra features to the Firestick app?

2 hours ago, Chalklands said:

Hi,

It's not a major problem. I happened to click on my user on the FireTV emby and saw the 'Unlock App' option, as I have a current premiere subscription I thought I'd see what unlocking the app did. What does it do? Does it add any extra features to the Firestick app?

Hi.  Okay, when you went to that screen, the description should have said what you would get with an unlock but I guess, for some reason, that didn't work.  The only thing unlocking will do with Premiere is make that device not count towards  your Premiere limit.