samsung UE65RU7025 TV

turpentine

turpentine
On 11/8/2021 at 6:23 PM, SamES said:

As I mentioned, we’re are using hls streaming, and from your screenshot plex appears to be using dash. 

We deliver the subs as part of the hls stream as this is the most efficient.  Other methods require the subs to be fully extracted before playback commences which can be time consuming. We then leave the Samsung player to handle processing and playback of the video, audio and subs from the hls container

From your experience and my testing, it appears that the Samsung internal player has some issues when processing subs in your files when delivered this way.  I know you have tested a few files, and I don't doubt it is the case, but generally this approach works fine.  To my knowledge, no one else has reported this, but I could be wrong.

Unfortunately I don't have a clear answer for you as to how to best resolve this in the short term.

Hello  it is not only few files with friends of mine we have done test with 48 files with dts . On 48 files 47 over 48 were out of sync concerning subs after some random time. One file was OK Just because they were only 3 subs in it (forced sub tag). I can understand that you May find your method efficient in theory but in practice there is Samsung plague that affects all models in direct stream mode only

The only doctors that have found the cure are the plex devs because during tests i have made with 3 friends 0 mkv files were out of sync. I think they May use another approach in order the Samsung internal player not to be mode have a Nice day

Edited by FrostByte
language

turpentine

@Happy2Play

i have corrected the language

The only doctors that have found the cure are the plex devs because during tests i have made with 3 friends 0 mkv files were out of sync. I think they May use another approach in order the Samsung internal player not to be in a "buggy" mode. the language was against samsung not you.

on 48 mkv files with dts inside, all 47 files samsung tv are "out of sync" with the emby tizen app (only in direct stream mode). so for me it is a sufficient proof that the tizen emby app needs a better approach to deal with subtitles.

have a Nice day

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
turpentine

thanks @Luke do you know when we can test any improvements concerning the direct stream subtitle issue for any files transcoded to AC3 from a DTS track ? is it a far future ?

Will you plan extracting srt subtitles (at night by a scheduled daemon) and ask emby app to display them, instead of samsung internal player ?

• 1 month later...