App crashes/connection problems

chrismallia

chrismallia

Hi

Im getting a problem with the android mobile APP only, the problem is when the app uses the reverse proxy it crashes several time while playing a video, the media starts but after a few seconds the pic freezes and the screen goes black, if I close the app it remains in the mobiles notification menu, so I would have to force close it, another way to get it working is when it freezes I switchh to mobile data and back to wifi,  this does not seam to happen when bypassing the reverse proxy, but the problem is not the reverse proxy as all other devices work fine INCLUDING the web browser on the same mobile phone. its just the app.  I tried the lates beta with same problem. Here are the server logs, 

embyserver.txt

chrismallia
18 hours ago, Luke said:

OK, i would suggest comparing your nginx configuration to that of @pir8radio. Please let us know if that helps. Thanks.

I am using swag docker by linuxserver.io. I dont think there is a problem with the reverse proxy cos all other apps and browsers work fine ,  could I be mistaken? it  only the android mob app, and it happens randomly . sometimes  I can re produce it by stopping the movie and hitting play from the info page of the movie/tv show. 

chrismallia

@Luke

I resolved it. As my emby server runs in docker it was advertising the docker's bridged network of 172 to the devices, I enterd the local server ip in network setting (local ip adress) and everything is fine now, funny this only affected the mobile app.

As I always say , you guys rock :)

Usually the server network settings are a last resort, more of a workaround to handle extreme corner cases. You're better configuring the network connection of the docker container such that it works without having to use the server network settings.

• Thanks 1

chrismallia

@Luke

Thanks a lot, you made  me think, so I went to my docker configuration and realized that the docker network I created was not a bridge network,  (I forgot to create it as bridge), I re created the docker network removed the server IP from emby server and all is great. 

Thank you again  :) :)