MediaPortal Recordings folder

thekingswolf

thekingswolf

Thought I would install this and check it out.  Installed it, there was seemingly no interface and it didn't do anything, so I removed it.  However this MediaPortal Recordings folder remains like it is a library and I can't figure out how to remove it.

pünktchen
38 minutes ago, thekingswolf said:

Thought I would install this and check it out.  Installed it, there was seemingly no interface and it didn't do anything

You need MPExtended installed on MediaPortal's TVServer machine and run a guide refresh in Emby after setting up the plugin.

40 minutes ago, thekingswolf said:

However this MediaPortal Recordings folder remains like it is a library and I can't figure out how to remove it.

Run Refresh Internet Channels, Refresh Guide or Scan Library task?

thekingswolf
36 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Run Refresh Internet Channels, Refresh Guide or Scan Library task?

All done, folder remains

pünktchen

Just tested it myself. I did not have to do anything other than restart Emby after uninstalling the plugin. Did you restart Emby?

thekingswolf

I did several times yes.  It did finally go away after rebooting the machine itself, not sure why it was hanging.  Thank you.  Is MediaPortal a better guide/channel section that what Emby currently has built in?  I just wanted to experiment

pünktchen

The live tv plugins like MediaPortal are for user who don't use iptv but real hardware tuners that are not supported by Emby. Emby only supports HDHomerun and Hauppauge tuners.