[ASS Subtitles] blank space after apostrophe

gokuz

pwhodges

I saw this happen only yesterday (I've deleted the file since, as I had no real interest in it), but I was not using Emby to play at the time.

So, more information is needed.  Does this happen all the time?  Is the media being transcoded?  Are the subtitles embedded or separate files?  Do players other than Emby show the same issue?

Paul

3 hours ago, pwhodges said:

I saw this happen only yesterday (I've deleted the file since, as I had no real interest in it), but I was not using Emby to play at the time.

So, more information is needed.  Does this happen all the time?  Is the media being transcoded?  Are the subtitles embedded or separate files?  Do players other than Emby show the same issue?

Paul

Direct Play on iPad, iPhone

MKV file, .ASS subtitles.

Only iOS have this problem, hence writing it here. 

pwhodges

Hmm.  Not happening on my iPad.

Can't check on my iPhone, as that is now refusing to play anything, giving a "no compatible streams" message (this happened in the past, but got fixed - but now it's back).

Paul

1 hour ago, pwhodges said:

Hmm.  Not happening on my iPad.

Can't check on my iPhone, as that is now refusing to play anything, giving a "no compatible streams" message (this happened in the past, but got fixed - but now it's back).

Paul

15 hours ago, Luke said:

Are they embedded or external subtitles?

Sent you 2 a small clip of the file. Hopefully a fix for this is possible.

pwhodges

The quote in the sample you sent is a typographic quote ( ’  =hex E2  80 99), not an ascii quote ( ' ).  This is rare in subtitles, and will need Luke to look at it.

Paul

2 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

The quote in the sample you sent is a typographic quote ( ’  =hex E2  80 99), not an ascii quote ( ' ).  This is rare in subtitles, and will need Luke to look at it.

Paul

[Events]
Format: Layer, Start, End, Style, Name, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Effect, Text
Dialogue: 0,0:00:05.75,0:00:08.90,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,He has to start the surgery by noon!
Dialogue: 0,0:00:08.90,0:00:09.90,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,We don’t have much time!
Dialogue: 0,0:00:09.90,0:00:12.07,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,Let’s split up and find him!

I hope emby supports it soon. Many of my anime uses this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@LukeAny updates on this? I found this really annoying issue via google and it's way more common than this threads makes you believe.

E: I'd be also really happy with some kind of workaround until it's fixed.

Edited by Merlee

• 2 months later...
gokuz
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Do you still see this with the latest app update?

yes, it still happens on latest 3.2.43