Jump to content

[ASS Subtitles] blank space after apostrophe


gokuz
 Share

Recommended Posts

pwhodges

I saw this happen only yesterday (I've deleted the file since, as I had no real interest in it), but I was not using Emby to play at the time.

So, more information is needed.  Does this happen all the time?  Is the media being transcoded?  Are the subtitles embedded or separate files?  Do players other than Emby show the same issue?

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gokuz
3 hours ago, pwhodges said:

I saw this happen only yesterday (I've deleted the file since, as I had no real interest in it), but I was not using Emby to play at the time.

So, more information is needed.  Does this happen all the time?  Is the media being transcoded?  Are the subtitles embedded or separate files?  Do players other than Emby show the same issue?

Paul

Direct Play on iPad, iPhone

MKV file, .ASS subtitles.

 

Only iOS have this problem, hence writing it here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gokuz
30 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are they embedded or external subtitles?

Mkv file wirh embedded .ass subtitles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pwhodges

Hmm.  Not happening on my iPad.

Can't check on my iPhone, as that is now refusing to play anything, giving a "no compatible streams" message (this happened in the past, but got fixed - but now it's back).

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gokuz
1 hour ago, pwhodges said:

Hmm.  Not happening on my iPad.

Can't check on my iPhone, as that is now refusing to play anything, giving a "no compatible streams" message (this happened in the past, but got fixed - but now it's back).

Paul

 

15 hours ago, Luke said:

Are they embedded or external subtitles?

Sent you 2 a small clip of the file. Hopefully a fix for this is possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pwhodges

The quote in the sample you sent is a typographic quote ( ’  =hex E2  80 99), not an ascii quote ( ' ).  This is rare in subtitles, and will need Luke to look at it.

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gokuz
2 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

The quote in the sample you sent is a typographic quote ( ’  =hex E2  80 99), not an ascii quote ( ' ).  This is rare in subtitles, and will need Luke to look at it.

Paul

[Events]
Format: Layer, Start, End, Style, Name, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Effect, Text
Dialogue: 0,0:00:05.75,0:00:08.90,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,He has to start the surgery by noon!
Dialogue: 0,0:00:08.90,0:00:09.90,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,We don’t have much time!
Dialogue: 0,0:00:09.90,0:00:12.07,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,Let’s split up and find him!

 

I hope emby supports it soon. Many of my anime uses this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...