No compatible streams are currently available

Tim40

Another day another problem. Haven't used my Emby server since Friday at it was working the last time I used it. Tried to watch a live game today and got "No compatible streams are currently available". Also, all my turners (I have the HDHomeRun Connect with 4 tuners) were locked so I couldn't watch live TV from the HDHomeRun app either. The program I wanted to watch is part of a series scheduled for recording, but was not being recorded. I turned on debug logging and took some screenshots of the different screens and errors. Also, I was able to start recording the program that was supposed to be recorded by clicking on the record button, but I think it did nothing. Restarted the Emby server manually and now everything works again. And I can also watch live TV from the HDHomeRun app again. Logs and screenshots attached.

emby_logs_211010.zip

Happy2Play

@Tim40Split to new topic in Live TV forum to get proper visibility and more feedback.

Please click follow to get updates on this topic.

• Like 1

Here's a different manifestation with maybe the same/similar root cause. Happened twice (at ~7:15pm and ~10pm; take a look at the timestamps in the screenshot names). I was watching live TV in Chrome and both times I tried to switch to another window or tab which resulted in the playback stopping. It didn't happen every time I switched to another window/tab, though. Clicking pause/play didn't help. The first time I had to go back and restart the playback from the previous screen (see the last 7 pm screenshot). The second time this happened, the "No compatible streams..." message wouldn't go away after clicking "Got It". I tried it multiple times and it just acted like the browser back button. Also tried "ESC" and it also acted like the browser back button. I had to reload the page and go back to the live TV guide to restart the playback. Screenshot and debug logs attached, although, at least some of these look like client issues, so not sure if server logs will be helpful. Is there a way to get client logs?

emby_logs_211010_2.zip

Hi, if all your tuners were locked or in use then Emby won't be able to get a stream to play.

This could be do to using the tuners in other programs or possibly Emby not freeing up the tuner when a user stops using it.
If this was a case where Emby Server didn't free up a tuner because a person never ended the stream the current beta has logic that handles this much better so tuners won't stay locked.

ChrisPriestland

I too am having this problem and can confirm restarting emby fixes it.

Let's hope the beta fixes it.

Edited by ChrisPriestland