Samsung J Series USB install failed

cr4shrid3

cr4shrid3

Hello,

as the J Series has this strange behavior of deleting the app every cycle, i leave the usb stick connected to tv. Using the actual user app from GitHub installed since then every time without problems.

Today i only get the message "USER APP install is failed" no chance installing it anymore. An help?

TV is Series 9090 (German model) with Firmware 1570 installed. Smarthub reset didn't work either.

Regards

FrostByte

Ouch, did Samsung disable J-series updating from using USB also like they stopped updating the store apps for J-series

Wow, I would hope not, but given that they are not accepting new updates in the store then it's possible that they won't allow Beta updates via USB as well.  We need to test that.  @Luke, can you please test the latest USB release on your old TV?

I'll be able to in a couple days, but in general I do randomly see that error message on my old TV and then I just try again and it succeeds.

I'm having the same issue today after the packaged seemed to expire, causing me to go through the uninstall - reinstall process of the app. Has the validity date simply been passed?

11 hours ago, robaxtr said:

I'm having the same issue today after the packaged seemed to expire, causing me to go through the uninstall - reinstall process of the app. Has the validity date simply been passed?

Hi, most likely yes, but the latest available zip should be fine for a couple more weeks as frostbyte has said.

FrostByte

I figured the store wasn't going to work even for those changes regions, but if they disabled USB installs also that is kind of lame.

In addition to a factory reset try to Power cycle (actually disconnect the power cable so it's not just in stand-by)

FrostByte

Other than that find someone with a really old version of the usb install and stay with it.  Otherwise you may have to look into an external box like a Shield.

Edited by FrostByte

cr4shrid3

Factory reset was not tested yet. Power cycle was done more than once (before and after region changes)

samsung tells us about their sustainability, great effort….

• Sad 1

cr4shrid3

Seems like i will have to use the DLNA Server on this TV. Seems to work fine, only had to change the Samsung TV Profile to directplay h265 to resolve the "Check connection" messages.

My DS218 seems not to be fast enough for transcoding.

Regards