Adding Premiere Key Times Out + Plugin Catalog Times Out

dyecast

dyecast
  • Platform:  Synology on DSM 6.2.4 U2
  • New Install
  • Emby v.4.6.4.0

Err:  Emby Premiere key is missing or invalid.

I've already re-download the key by getting it sent to my email again.

After that failed, I tried to search the Plugin Catalog.  Timed out too.  No error there.  Verified my browser can access the JSON file without errors.

dyecast

I did an uninstall and attempted the new install with v.4.6.3.0.

Same results when attempting to add my license key.

dyecast

I did another install and attempted the new install with v.4.6.0.50.

Same results with attempting to add my license key.

I've attempted this in Edge, FF and Brave.

I've also attempted to clear out, save and re-add the key multiple times based on the KB - https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001173116-my-emby-key-says-it-is-invalid-or-missing

Happy2Play

We will probably need to see a server log, but you should install the current release or beta and not any of the older builds.

Hi, Something on your NAS is block 443 outgoing as all requests are failing in the log.

Try checking your firewall settings.

dyecast

@cayars - The firewall on the NAS is disabled.  There are no special rules anywhere I can find.  My desktop is on the same subnet and can reach your site fine.  I hadn't considered something though.  This NAS did have a previous Emby installation which I thought I wiped out:

1. Uninstall the App
  2. Delete the "Emby" share.

Upon re-install, this is what I'm left with.  Is there something in the uninstall I may have missed?

Edited by dyecast

Happy2Play

There is something specific to the NAS blocking external communications at least per the log.  So it is a matter of diagnosing this issue.

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/rss/1-media-browser-developers-blog timed out

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json timed out

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to https://mb3admin.com/admin/service/registration/validate timed out

dyecast

@Happy2Play - When I go to these on my PC, they all work.

ie. Devblog

<rss version="2.0">
<channel>
<title>Emby Blog</title>
<description/>
<language>en</language>
<item>
<title>
<![CDATA[ Emby for iOS Updated With Apple Watch Support, Improved CarPlay & More ]]>

Ie. EmbyPackages.json

[{"id":"340","name":"Android TV App","shortDescription":"Feature code for supporter access to Android TV app","overview":"Feature code for supporter access to Android TV app","isPremium":false,"richDescUrl":"","thumbImage":"","previewImage":"","type":"Feature","targetFilename":"","owner":"ebr","category":"General","tileColor":"#000000","featureId":"androidtv","regInfo":"","price":"0.00","targetSystem":"Server","guid":"","adult":"0","totalRatings":null,"avgRating":null,"isRegistered":false,"expDate":null,"versions":[],"installs":"0"},{"id":"341","name":"Android TV App","shortDescription":"Feature code for supporter access to Android TV app","overview":"Feature code for supporter access to Android TV app","isPremium":false,"richDescUrl":"","thumbImage":"","previewImage":"","type":"Feature","targetFilename":"","owner":"ebr","category":"General","tileColor":"#000000","featureId":"androidtv","regInfo":"","price":"0.00","targetSystem":"Server","guid":"","adult":"0","totalRatings":null,"avgRating":null,"isRegistered":false,"expDate":null,"versions":[],"installs":"0"},{"id":"143","name":"Android TV App","shortDescription":"Feature code for supporter access to Android TV app","overview":"Feature code for supporter access to Android TV

ie. Registration

{"featId":"","registered":false,"expDate":"1900-01-01","key":null}

dyecast

I just figured it out...The DGateway on this LAN is not the common IP.  All LAN connectivity worked, but none of the WAN.

Thx for the help.

Happy2Play
Just now, dyecast said:

I just figured it out...The DGateway on this LAN is not the common IP.  All LAN connectivity worked, but none of the WAN.

Thx for the help.

Glad you got it figured out.