Audio sync drifts over time on two different PCs

lifespeed

lifespeed

I have Emby Server installed on my living room PC, which also runs Emby Theater client.  I also run Emby Theater on other clients in the house.  Recently I have noticed the audio slowly drifts out of sync.  This happens on both the server and client PCs.  Stopping and re-starting the video corrects the problem, but it slowly drifts out of sync again.  This problem does not happen using another media player like MPC-BE.  Most often this video is 24FPS.  Recently I upgraded to a 3080 Ti video card supporting HDMI 2.1 (as does the TV), although I don't know that this change corresponded to the audio sync problem.  Auto refresh rate switching appears to function correctly.

Hi there, can we look at an example of what you're playing? How have you configured audio settings in the app?

lifespeed
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can we look at an example of what you're playing? How have you configured audio settings in the app?

I just selected "use exclusive audio mode" in Emby Theater and this fixed the problem on the PC running both Emby server and Emby Theater.  Will check a different client PC and report back.  I am making use of the audio delay to adjust 180ms during 24fps content, but this does not seem to have anything to do with the slow drift and appears to function correctly.

lifespeed

I'm not sure why exclusive audio mode works properly, while regular Windows audio doesn't.  Not the end of the world as far as workarounds go, and arguably the correct configuration where quality is concerned.