No OSD when skipping

e-charge

e-charge

Evening all.

I just wondered if there was any way to set the OSD to appear when skipping back and forth through a video, the same way in which it does when you press pause and play.
I'm also using a remote so is there any way to customise the button inputs and maybe set a larger jump forward and backward when pressing up or down like it does in Kodi?

Thanks in advance.
e-charge

e-charge
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, yes it will be coming in upcoming updates. thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for your response Luke.
Which aspect of my query will be coming soon...or will both be implemented?

Regards,
e-charge

set a larger jump forward and backward

Have you explored your emby user preferences?

e-charge
20 hours ago, Luke said:

Have you explored your emby user preferences?

Hi Luke

Yes, I've set the skip intervals accordingly so that the left and right arrows (or the skip left and right buttons on the remote) jump at the desired increments. I was referring to having additional skip options like in Kodi, whereby you can also jump back or forth 10 minutes for example by pressing the up and down arrows whilst watching a video. I've always found it a useful feature so thought I'd pose the question. Being able to customise those kinds of functions would be very useful.

Sorry for bombarding you with queries but I've only just implemented Emby and have subscribed to Premiere so that I can make full use of the Theater app in the hope that this will become my one interface for all my media, so configuration, experimenting and testing is in full-swing right now.

I've also noticed that even though I've disabled the "automatically play next episode" function, sometimes it still does regardless. Is this a known issue or is there something else I can tweak to kick this into play?

Thanks again for your help.
e-charge

Edited by e-charge

MBSki
58 minutes ago, e-charge said:

Yes, I've set the skip intervals accordingly so that the left and right arrows (or the skip left and right buttons on the remote) jump at the desired increments. I was referring to having additional skip options like in Kodi, whereby you can also jump back or forth 10 minutes for example by pressing the up and down arrows whilst watching a video. I've always found it a useful feature so thought I'd pose the question. Being able to customise those kinds of functions would be very useful.

Plex had the same 10 minute skip forward/back when I switched to Emby a few years ago. I got used to living without it, but the alternative is to use chapters. I believe the chapters are every 5 minutes. If you pull up the OSD you should see a chapters option. Check there to see if that is a suitable replacement for the 10 minute skip forward/back in Kodi. 

3 hours ago, e-charge said:

I've also noticed that even though I've disabled the "automatically play next episode" function, sometimes it still does regardless

Are you pressing the "Play" button on either a Series or Season screen?  If so, that would play the whole thing.

• 2 weeks later...
e-charge
On 08/10/2021 at 14:54, ebr said:

Are you pressing the "Play" button on either a Series or Season screen?  If so, that would play the whole thing.

No, just selecting an episode and hitting "Play".

Either way - change of practice now: I'm using Emby on my FireStick with "Play Next Episode Automatically" disabled which behaves as it should, and I also have the OSD displayed with runtime etc when skipping back and forth, so much better in that respect.
Unfortunately I have "Show Up Next Preview" enabled but it does nothing. Assuming that this is a popup with the episode details and an option to "Play Now" which appears - I'd really like this feature to work.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
e-charge

11 minutes ago, e-charge said:

No, just selecting an episode and hitting "Play".

Either way - change of practice now: I'm using Emby on my FireStick with "Play Next Episode Automatically" disabled which behaves as it should, and I also have the OSD displayed with runtime etc when skipping back and forth, so much better in that respect.
Unfortunately I have "Show Up Next Preview" enabled but it does nothing. Assuming that this is a popup with the episode details and an option to "Play Now" which appears - I'd really like this feature to work.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
e-charge

Try playing from the series. When there is a list of episodes in the play queue, that's when you'll get that info in between items.

45 minutes ago, e-charge said:

Unfortunately I have "Show Up Next Preview" enabled but it does nothing

Hi.  That is a sub-option of the queue subsequent episodes option.  If you don't have that enabled, then there is nothing next up in the queue to show.