Live TV doesn't work

carlosglcn
Go to solution Solved by carlosglcn,

carlosglcn

Hello, good to everyone.

I've been looking for information but can't find anything to help me.

The problem I have is that since last Friday or Saturday live TV has not worked for me.  Not a problem on my personal list as I am.  it works from the pc with vlc and in other mobile apps.  I had it using HDhomerun but it doesn't work with m3u either.  When I select accept to load the list I get a message that there is a problem.  I have updated emby with the latest beta but it keeps happening.  I have restarted the server and everything I could but it does not load anything.  Could you do something to fix it?

IMG_20211002_233625.jpg

Hi, this is something unique to your system setup as Live TV is working in both the release and beta versions of Emby.

Please play back one of these channels then post both your server log and the last ffmpeg log file shown in the logs menu.
This will allow us to see the reason for the error in playback.

• Like 1

carlosglcn
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Hi, this is something unique to your system setup as Live TV is working in both the release and beta versions of Emby.

Please play back one of these channels then post both your server log and the last ffmpeg log file shown in the logs menu.
This will allow us to see the reason for the error in playback.

Thank you very much for answering.

The problem is that I don't get to load the channels to be able to see that in the Log.  In other apps it works.  I had it working properly with the same list for a long time until a few days ago.

Any idea?  I attached log file minutes after trie load channel list. Can you see something to help me? 

embylog.txt

Edited by CBers
Removed video as OP requested.

I'd need the full log untouched to have any idea what's going on.

But in that log snippet something (can't tell) doesn't have a valid username and also there is an SSL failure when trying to connect to some website.

Please post the complete log or PM it to me.

carlosglcn
5 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'd need the full log untouched to have any idea what's going on.

But in that log snippet something (can't tell) doesn't have a valid username and also there is an SSL failure when trying to connect to some website.

Please post the complete log or PM it to me.

I send you complete log. If you need something more tell me. I was trying since different users of my private list. 

Got it and it's full of errors from something trying to login without a username.

This makes the logs very hard to read.
I sent you instructions so we can do a remote support session and fix both issues.

Carlo

carlosglcn
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Let us know what you find. Thanks.

For now, we are still looking for the solution. With the help of @Cayars he has seen that it appears to be an ISP provider issue as there is no incoming routing through my public IP. I don't understand it very well since there is access to the server from outside, but something strange happens. It has been tried to give me a valid external IP address but they do not give me a solution for now. We'll try another method to see if I can get it to work for me.

I remoted in and took a look. He's behind a CGNAT (Carrier Grade NAT).
He emailed the provider and they do have static IPs available, so that's an option.

I've also been wanting to try a tunneled connection to Cloudflare in order to see how well this works to avoid CGNAT.  @carlosglcn has agreed to give this a try so we'll try this later today hopefully after I do a bit more research on this special setup. The alternative is running a VPN on the Emby Server but that has it's own issues so a tunnel would be ideal and much more secure.

With any luck I'll be able to document this for a tutorial and possibly KB article.

• 2 months later...
  • Solution
carlosglcn

Hi eveeybody! And to whom it may concern.

I have very good news for myself. It turns out that I have tried installing the latest beta update for my server where Emby is hosted. It turns out that after this everything perfectly loads me and I can already be seen and I can access it through my ddns. Thank you very much indeed for the support received. @cayars

I don't have news if new beta software have changes about it.

You are fantastics!

Happy Holidays

Edited by carlosglcn