Can't connect to Emby Server on my TS-221 / server doesn't respond

Anderella

1 minute ago, Anderella said:

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with that.

How would it look like?

(again: on my other qnap, I see folder suggestions and can click folders up and select the "right" media folder - here the field is empty)

Is the media on the same machine as the emby server install?

Anderella

(And basically I'm very happy with my 451-qnap..... I installed beta version on my old server just to help and/or verify if the new beta works :)

alucryd

To be clear, your media files are physically on the 451D2, not on the 221, right? If you don't mind it would be better to copy some files over to the 221 and test using local files (replicate exactly what works on the 451D2), that way we can verify the most common use case, if files are parsed and videos play, this will already be infinitely better than the previous situation.

Edited by alucryd

alucryd

Alright, then why is it added as a samba share in your screenshot (and seemingly confirmed in your log)? This is what a local folder library should look like, it should display the local path, not a network path (like \\192.168.0.2 in your screenshot):
image.png.a80aba748dd6fc07c7da80c9f5f37684.png

alucryd
16 hours ago, Anderella said:

and this is the screenshot on my TS-221, running 4.8.0.46 beta

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-19 um 00.10.42.png

Are permissions correct (and applied recursively?) on the media folder, everything you have access to should appear in the dropdown when you click that field, if they don't then you probably have a permission issue, but you might want to try entering the path manually still.

Anderella
On 9/19/2023 at 5:19 PM, alucryd said:

Are permissions correct (and applied recursively?) on the media folder, everything you have access to should appear in the dropdown when you click that field, if they don't then you probably have a permission issue, but you might want to try entering the path manually still.

Thanks for your input. As the selection directory on my ts-221 emby installation is empty and doesn't propose "directories" I thought I have to connect to the server and therefore entered the ip address (of the 221-server) with username and pw, but with no success.

Maybe you can be so kind and point me in the right direction....

If entering manually, how can I find out, what the path should be?

I don't see the "path" on my qnap.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-09-20 um 17.32.48.png

alucryd

Assuming your files are in this _MEDIA directory, its full path should be /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/_MEDIA

Edited by alucryd

alucryd
On 9/18/2023 at 2:35 PM, alucryd said:

I usually recommend creating a Public shared folder that is read-only for the everyone user, then you can add something like `/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Public/Videos/Series` in emby.
image.png.e4a81a3350fea6169731ce0c486f4f92.png

Thanks. Can you show us how this screen looks for this _MEDIA folder, and also share the server log again after our new tests?

alucryd

Thanks for the log. As for the screenshot, what I wanted to see is the permissions screen for the shared folder, not the shared folder view. You can edit shared folder permissions in the control panel.

Edited by alucryd

alucryd

Thanks! I just realized that this NAS hasn't been updated by Qnap in a while now, so directories might not match what we expect of the current versions. Permissions look good, and I can see file not found exceptions in the log.

Could you try /share/HDA_DATA/_MEDIA instead?

If you know how to SSH into the device and look for the correct path that would be awesome, but there's a good chance this path will be the correct one. If that works I should be able to modify the package to look into the right place on all versions of QTS.

alucryd

Cool, thanks for the feedback! Are you able to play videos, with and/or without transcoding? If ffmpeg works we can call it a day :)