Groups/circles for devices (and users)

heciruam

heciruam

Right now, Emby offers the abilty to hide a user from the login screen for the local network, remotely or for both.

I would like to be able to create groupes/circles/households and assign devices/clients to those as well as users.

So after that device/client logged in once to a server, it can be assigned to a group. The next time that device/client connects to the server, users that are also assigned to that group/circle/household, show up on the login screen and now have easier sign in methods like the pin.

I know there are other features that are more important or need to come first (like user groups), but it might be nice to have it in min while other stuff is implemented.

cheers

Hi.  You said you wanted to assign devices to a group but then you said you wanted to restrict visibility of users.  Those are two different things.  Are you really wanting to create user groups for display on login?

heciruam

The goal for me is to have rules that allow me to specify which users show up on a login screen. I don't have the need to restrict the login, so everybody is still able to sign in, even if their name doesn't show up.

Basically I want a step further from the feature request you linked above. I want more options on which devices, a user shows up on the login page.

I want more options to this:

344192718_Screenshotfrom2021-10-0613-52-38.png.4e6c26b9d129896457beeb59c256bf16.png

I want to be able to decide or let the user decide if this device is one that the user's should show up on the login screen, remote or not. Ideally by adding a device to a group which tells it which people show up on the login screen.

Edited by heciruam

Okay, so you want exactly what that other request is asking for.  Please lend your support to it.

Thanks.

• Like 1