E4K-NG - 6.0.13 - Subtitles are always enabled

feerlessleadr
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

feerlessleadr

Hi - I noticed on all of my boxes in my house (2 shields and 1 N2 running CoreELEC) that subtitles are always enabled. In Kodi's settings, I have only Forced subtitles enabled, otherwise they do not show, however I noticed that recently, no matter what that setting is (even when I disable subtitles completely from system settings), every time I start a new video with subs present, the subs are shown. 

Similarly, when I'm playing a video, and I turn off subs and then hit the 'apply to all media' button (or whatever the button is called in the fullscreen OSD), while subs are turned off for the current video, if I stop and restart either the same video or a new video, subs will be re-enabled, ignoring my previous setting. 

I'm not sure exactly which version kicked off this bug, but whichever beta version of the E4K-NG required a DB reset, that's when this issue started coming up for me on all of my boxes simultaneously. Just to be sure It wasn't something else causing the issue, I created a fresh profile, installed the latest E4K-NG addon (and just that addon, other than the default ones), performed a sync, and was able to capture the issue in a log. 

https://pastebin.com/0PgxGgVY

In the above, the system setting for subtitles was set to Forced only, however when I played the pilot for 12 monkeys, full subs were shown. I then disabled subs, and hit the apply to all media in the full screen video OSD, stopped the episode, and played the same episode again, and the full subs were re-enabled and displayed. 

Please let me know if there is other info I can provide to help test/debug this. Thanks for this awesome add-on!

quickmic

I'll check that, firstly you have to know. Global subtitle changes are only applied to the plugin after a Kodi restart.

• Solution
quickmic

I've uploaded a new beta version. Please try it out. Unfortunately there is no perfect way for subtitles when srt is involved. Please let me know, if the new version solves at least most of the problems.