EMBY Partial Refund?

kelly.clubb

kelly.clubb

So, I already have an EMBY lifetime subscription and I tried to purchase the "additional 20" devices for my account and the charge had a partial refund quoting the following.  Just to iterate there was no communication attempt to reach me before they refunded me with the below quote. I'm very disappointed as a loyal user of your services. PS, aside from now wasting my time with PayPal over principal of the partial refund and my money (due to "fees" they did not refund) I've had to open a dispute with PayPal. Just as a reference, I "DO" have a lifetime license that was purchased on 5/11/2020.  Where is the check with the person before wasting both my time, money and now potentially yours, because I will not pay for fees due to neglect to follow up.  Also why not ask for the current EMBY premier key before purchasing the product so you have that at the time of purchase?

Note from Emby: Invalid purchase. This is an upgrade for an existing lifetime key. It is labeled clearly on the site with a confirmation check box required. We apologize that we had to refund less the fees we are charged.

Hi we apologize for the confusion. Did you purchase the upgrade with the same email as your lifetime key?

kelly.clubb

I was signed into my EMBY account when I made the purchase. Why would EMBY not reply to the purchase in a worst case to verify my existing key before refunding and wasting both of our time and money.

The simple answer to the question is my email has updated, however, there was 0 attempt of communication and I'm now being penalized for it?  Not my fault at all.  Emby needs a better method to verify existing codes to allow the purchase if they are going to be snarky in their response to PayPal.

kelly.clubb

There is no fault of mine for issues with this transaction, it's negligence on behalf of the individual that declined to toss an email to me to verify my existing key. Make a form to insert previous key before a purchase is done and you can track down the original purchase.

Hi.  Again, we are sorry for the confusion.  If you will send an email to billingsupport@emby.media with the email for your Lifetime key, we will get you sorted out.

Thanks.

kelly.clubb
38 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Again, we are sorry for the confusion.  If you will send an email to billingsupport@emby.media with the email for your Lifetime key, we will get you sorted out.

Thanks.

I appreciate it. Need to figure out what I need to do to buy it again or what. They refund some 95.00 or so back of the cost.

kelly.clubb

Since the email is no longer valid, how do I go about buying my additional 20 licenses and it not getting rejected a 2nd time? I did get the other fee portion removed, but I don't want this to be a broken record. There is no way for me to post my existing license at the time of purchase which for people in my situation is unfortunate.

1 hour ago, kelly.clubb said:

Since the email is no longer valid, how do I go about buying my additional 20 licenses and it not getting rejected a 2nd time? I did get the other fee portion removed, but I don't want this to be a broken record. There is no way for me to post my existing license at the time of purchase which for people in my situation is unfortunate.

Hi.  Billing support responded to your email a few hours ago.  Did you see that...?