Can't convert after one conversion?

justinrh

justinrh

original post title:  Can't convert after one conversion?

In the web app, I opened a video detail page, More -> Convert, Mobile, go.   I saw the conversion working on the dashboard.  While it was working, I tried to convert again using diff params.  When I clicked "Convert" I got a "Downloading..." toast but the second conversion never started.  After the first finished, I tried to convert again but got the same experience as the second attempt.

Can you convert a video only one time?

Why do I get a 'downloading' toast?  Doesn't make sense.

embyserver.txt

Hi, the text of the toast needs to be changed. For now, just pretend that it says "Converting...". Does that answer your question?

Have you explored the convert media scheduled task? It runs at the schedule you define, or the default which is every three hours.

justinrh

@Luke  I don't understand your responses.  It is like you didn't read my post (except for the last line!).  Why can I not convert this file more than once?

Do I need to pretend I'm getting more conversions  😁

• 2 weeks later...
justinrh

I don't know.  I don't think so.  If I could see some kind of history I might be able to figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like you created a conversion job on the parent folder of the 9/11 movie. 

When it says 0 items, it generally means nothing was converted because the format of the source video already matched all of the criteria you configured for the conversion job. Therefore the conversion wasn't necessary.

When you do a conversion on an individual video, it will always just do the conversion no matter what, but when you do it on a parent folder, it's only going to convert videos that needs to be converted, e.g., ones that don't already match the output format that you're converting to.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

justinrh

That may.  I can't remember all the details now, but I was trying to do conversions with different settings for comparison.  The original/first video was TS, so no conversion would match that.  If I specified a folder (instead of an individual file), I don't know since I don't know how to do one over the other.  Thanks.