Samsung UE60KS7000

CassTG

CassTG

I presume the Samsung Tv's are susceptible to the LETSENCRYPT issue, as i got a warning today about incorrect Certs (my server is behind a proxy which has all new LE certs and no other devices of mine have issues connecting on port 443), it exited me from the app and now when i try to login via emby connect i can see the server in the list but when i click on it to connect i get the following warning message and then it goes back to server selection screen

We're unable to connect to the selected server right now, please ensure it is running and try again

Server is running fine on shield, browser, mobile and OSX app, just not via the Samsung TV app 1.0.94

Edited by CassTG

CassTG

Appears to be the LE issue, same happens on my older LG and my Mums new Samsung TV, cant even reinstall apps on the App Store as thats not working either

Thank feck i use a shield lol

cant even reinstall apps on the App Store as thats not working either

Ouch, hopefully Samsung gets on that quick.

CassTG
25 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ouch, hopefully Samsung gets on that quick.

Knowing Samsung it will be, we have an update for you, go but another new TV lol

CassTG
On 03/10/2021 at 23:28, SamES said:

It looks like the LG users are having success moving to ZeroSSL which supports some older root certificates that are more likely to still be current in older TV's.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/102144-several-lg-tvs-cannot-connect-to-server/&do=findComment&comment=1074180

Yep was taking a look at the Linuxserver Swag Docker and didnt realise they added support for ZeroSSL thought it was LE only, so rebuilt the container with the zerossl config and all is working properly again

achalmers

So I guess this is an issue with why my dads Samsung TV won't connect but all his other devices will.  Im using HAproxy and Emby is behind the reverse proxy and using LetsEncrypt certificates.   Anybody have a solution ?

23 hours ago, achalmers said:

So I guess this is an issue with why my dads Samsung TV won't connect but all his other devices will.  Im using HAproxy and Emby is behind the reverse proxy and using LetsEncrypt certificates.   Anybody have a solution ?

I dont use HAProxy but if they have the ability to switch to ZeroSSL certs instead of using LE (both use the same acme style challenge) then you issue is solved

I use linuxserver's Swag docker which is the proxy/fail2ban/certbot and there docker just needed a env variable flag set to Zerossl.

If however you import your cert into Haproxy then this is easier.

1. Create a free account on zerossl site
  2. Add domain you want cert for
  3. It creates the cert
  4. Verify Ownership of domain
  5. Download and install certs

Only issue with the above steps is the free account is limited to a single domain and you only get 3 free requests, whereas using the acme challenge option means wildcard and unlimited requests

Edited by CassTG