Since update to DSM7 and 4.6.4.0 missing "-thumb.jpg" preview image

BiTeTHeBiGG

BiTeTHeBiGG

Hi,

I normaly get all thumbs within the media folders itself. For each media file there is a thumb file.

Now after the update when I add new media files then in emby I see a preview picture, but on the file system it is missing.

I think there is / was a change on a setting and may be the files are stored else where. My library setting are still the same as before the update, so I don't know what to do now.

If someone can guide me to adjust the setup so it will again store all thumbs together with the medias I will be very thankfull.

Best regards

BiTeTHeBiGG

Thank you for your reply.

What i mean is not the video preview thumb as I don't use this feature.

It is the "Episode Image Fetchers" point. Just before the preview point.

I have checked  the "Save artwork into media foldets" option, but after the update it is not working anymore. I still have a thumb in the GUI but it is not located where the media file is.

There are no issues with the access rights as poster, logo, season images, etc. are saved as should.

Best regards

FrostByte

Heh, I just noticed mine isn't placing the episode thumb.jpg in the folder anymore either.  I don't see any since about 9/24 and I'm on beta

Edited by FrostByte

Try using the image editor to download an episode image manually, then let us know where that ends up. Thanks.

FrostByte

Manual download of the image places it in the media folder correctly. 

A refresh/replace seems to work also

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Odd that when you do a refresh/replace images on one episode it all of a sudden creates the missing thumb files for every episode in the season and not just the one episode you clicked refresh on

BiTeTHeBiGG

I can confirm that replacing manualy the image in the image editor will save the file within the media.

I cannot confirm that refreshing one episode will creates the missing files for every episode like on FrostByte side. I've done this and after 10 minutes noting happened. maybe it will take longer? I now have to go to work. After refreshing the thumb is the right picture and the manually updated image with the image editor is deleted from whitin the medias. Really strange.

FrostByte

I'm not sure this fixes the problem of thumbs not being automatically created though, or if it just gets the missing thumbs that weren't.  I guess we'll see the next time something is added.

• Like 1