Emby Connect Failing for users

jdotero

jdotero

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me out here.  Gold star to the first person who does.  :)   I can not seem to get Emby Connect to work for my users any more.  All users who use Emby Connect started experiencing issues about three days ago.  Connecting to the server manually (i.e. using the URL, port number and login credentials) works fine and without issue.  After a user does connect through the Emby Connect Service (with the pin, etc) they see the server listed but upon clicking next, nothing happens.

In looking at the logs I see various errors.  One that catches my eye is this one:

021-10-03 06:55:22.922 Error App: Error registering with Connect
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.4.0
    Command line: /apps/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /home/emby -ffdetect /apps/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /apps/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /apps/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-netgear_{version}_amd64.deb

I have attached the full log.  There are also other errors.  In fact anything that seems to connect to the outside world seems to be failing.  But I can ping outside addresses just fine and again if connecting manually to the server all is good.

The only changes I made recently were to the SSL certificates (they were set to expire), but I doubt this is causing the issue.

Can anyone provide any suggestions or guidance to fix this troublesome issue?

embyserver.txt

jdotero

I can't help but wonder if the inability for EmbyConnect to connect to my server has something to do with SSL and this recent Let's Encrypt Certificate change.  I really don't understand SSL and how Emby Connect works to say if this is the problem.

https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-ca-x3-expiration-september-2021/

The problem started around this time.  I am also getting some errors with scripts that use SSL and connect to my emby server.

jdotero

Another update.  I think the error with Emby Connect has to do with my certificate and the intermediate chain.  When I look at the certificate chain that is on the emby server it has the DST Root CA X3 certificate which expired on September 29, 2021.  I need to figure out how to get the ISRG Root X1 certificate in there instead.

jdotero

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  This did it.  I just had had to go to the X509stores/ca directory and remove all the cached files.  Rebooted the server and voila!  All is good.  Users can easily log in now.

For me, the x509store/ca directory was under home/emby/.dotnet/corefx/cryptography/x509stores/ca.

Edited by jdotero