That time of the year again.

clarkss12

clarkss12

Does anyone have any idea if broadcast TV will be showing any Halloween movies this year.  Specifically the "Halloween"  movie from 1978.

Edited by clarkss12
Grammar correction

clarkss12

My "Spooky Suggestions" are NOT picking up the key word "Halloween" that I added to my Halloween movies.  It appears to only pick up "Horror" as a Halloween suggestion.

I really don't want "Double, Double, Toil and Trouble" classified as "Horror", can you add the "Halloween" word to the suggestion?

Double, Double, Toil and Trouble.jpg

Double, Double, Toil and Trouble 2.jpg

clarkss12

I added the "Horror" Genre to the Olsen Twins movie, and did a library refresh, but it still does NOT show up under the "Spooky Suggestions".  What do I need to do extra??

thanks.

I want the grandkids to pick the video they want to watch from that list.

horror.jpg

Edited by clarkss12

clarkss12

As a workaround, I did a search for "Halloween" and they popup.  I will use that function, to let the grandkids pick their movie.

Screenshot_20211001-144847.png

Hi.  Halloween is already included in the query.  It may just be an ordering thing because it only shows a limited list.

clarkss12
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Halloween is already included in the query.  It may just be an ordering thing because it only shows a limited list.

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

clarkss12

Is there a way to prioritize the genre?  If the video list **horror**, **family*, *Halloween**, etc, can you prioritize the specific holiday.  Example, query the holiday genre (Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.) first?

On 10/2/2021 at 10:34 AM, clarkss12 said:

Is there a way to prioritize the genre?  If the video list **horror**, **family*, *Halloween**, etc, can you prioritize the specific holiday.  Example, query the holiday genre (Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.) first?

Not from the app end and I'm not really sure how we could reasonably do that on the server end either actually...

GrimReaper
On 10/2/2021 at 2:42 PM, ebr said:

6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Not from the app end and I'm not really sure how we could reasonably do that on the server end either actually...

Add Tags to the query and prioritize Tags over Genres results? Hence any movie tagged Halloween could be suggested and would show first? 

Have you thought about tagging the media such as Christmas, Halloween, etc so after doing a search you could click on the tags tab?

clarkss12

When I added the genre "Halloween", and do a search, I get the results.  Don't have to "tag" them (of course don't know how to "tag").

Genre.jpg

Genre2.jpg

I don't get that option when I search this way as none of my movies have that classification of genre.
image.png.f077c0e7b86114e95ec194c264f28fa7.png

I even just tried refreshing media for Halloween (2007) and I just get back Horror.

Are you using a 3rd party program to write your NFO files?

clarkss12
2 hours ago, cayars said:

I don't get that option when I search this way as none of my movies have that classification of genre.

I even just tried refreshing media for Halloween (2007) and I just get back Horror.

No, I would not even have an idea about how to change an NFO.

GrimReaper
6 hours ago, cayars said:

You can use very useful community-made tool to bulk add/remove Tags and/or Genres, give it a spin, just go with the latest version in the thread, I think it's around v25 currently. 

Yea I'm familiar with it and it's pretty cool.
I was just commenting I don't have all those genres as I think this was cleaned up in previous release so it only brings back the common genres now. For example I've got I think 26 genres for all of my movie lib.

GrimReaper
7 hours ago, cayars said:

I suppose this threw me off, as that is the only genre you'll get for Halloween (2007), assuming your scrape from TMDB, there's no Halloween genre for it, you need to manually add it if you wanted it assigned to that movie, hence the tool, as it is easy to batch-add either Tags or Genres. 

Edit: And knowing me, you know I can't skip Swiss-knife TMM: by it you can scrape Keywords from either TMDB or IMDB and they will be written as Tags in your NFO, hence no manual appending (and searchable). 

IMG_20211005_092436.jpg

Edited by GrimReaper
Append