Problem with setting up Cover Plugin

Anderella

Anderella

Hi,

basically I'm a new user and kind of checking out, if I go my further way with Plex or Emby. (after leaving Kodi)

As I'm very impressed of the cover plugin, I'm trying to set this up - but couldn't figure the following out:

1)

Is there a setting I miss that the series covers also show DVD or BLURAY..... instead of TV-Series.

Maybe I'm blindfolded.

2)

I managed to difference DVD and BLURAY (with setting "Cover by definition"), but I can't get my TV-recordings (*.ts files) to show up with other cover than Bluray.

3)

I have different naming schemes for the "source" of my movies, example the file name containing:

_[BLURAY]

_[DVD]

_[HDDVD]

_[HDTV]

Is there a way or possibility to implement/use those names for cover selection?

Thank you for inputs.... screenshots enclosed.

Cover.PNG

Setting_1.PNG

Setting_2.PNG

4 hours ago, Anderella said:

Is there a setting I miss that the series covers also show DVD or BLURAY..... instead of TV-Series.

Hi.  No because TV Series are collections of many media files.  They aren't media themselves.

If you physically separate the types of series, you could use different profiles.

More information:

Anderella

Hi,

thanks for your reply and your inputs.

Understand the problem, but is there any chance this could be implemented for seasons? (if all files are bluray or dvd based?)

###

And do you have thoughts or advise for my questions 2 and 3? ::))

Thx.

2)

I managed to difference DVD and BLURAY (with setting "Cover by definition"), but I can't get my TV-recordings (*.ts files) to show up with other cover than Bluray.

3)

I have different naming schemes for the "source" of my movies, example the file name containing:

_[BLURAY]

_[DVD]

_[HDDVD]

_[HDTV]

16 minutes ago, Anderella said:

If they are all HD then that is the cover they will receive unless you  map the "HD" cover to something else.

16 minutes ago, Anderella said:

For movies, at least, you can use a special tag on the item (not the filename but a metadata tag) to indicate a cover.  e.g. "ca-dvd" or "ca-bd".

Anderella

Again thank you for taking time to help me with my issue.

I'm sorry, but I still don't see light at the end of my tunnel:)

I checked "Cover by definition instead of type"

And my specific cover selections are SD items will use DVD, HD items will use BD cover.

Tried a lot, but cannot diferenciate the HD files (MKV files from bluray) and my HD files (TS files, tv-recordings).

(My DVD files are also mkv files, but from DVDs)

Use container instead of codec didn't work either.

###

Do you know a way to write those tags you described in a kind of automated way?

Cover_HD.PNG

2 hours ago, Anderella said:

Tried a lot, but cannot diferenciate the HD files (MKV files from bluray) and my HD files (TS files, tv-recordings)

Hi.  If they are all HD and you are using the cover by definition option, then they are all going to be the same cover...

• 3 weeks later...
Anderella

Hi, again me.

As I'm still trying to reach my goal with different cover for my library, I tried with profiles, but still have not the awaited success, I need help - obviously I'm blindfolded:

I put my TV-recordings (*.ts files and their folders) in a different main-folder and created a new profile for them.

But the files in this folder again get the default covers (bluray) and not the specified ones.

If I can provide any kind of logfile or further infos please let me know. Of course I also tried and restarted the server.

Cross-Check: changing the default covers immediately changes the look (but also the specific folder covers)

Thx for help, screenshots enclosed.

Profile_Def.png

Profile_Folder.png

Result_Wrong.png

Specific_Cover.png

Def_Cover.png

I think the plugin doesn't understand the TS container so set that profile to cover by definition and then map the HD and SD covers to whatever you want these items to be treated with.

1 minute ago, Anderella said:

is there any source, where I can find the different cover layouts?

Just go to the "Treatments" tab and select the drop down.  All of the available ones are shown there.

CoverArt 4.0

1 minute ago, Anderella said:

I would love a preview for the HDDVD, M2TS, MOV, UHD.... covers.

The only thing that changes is the text/logo on the case.

• 2 weeks later...
Anderella

Don't know if this is possible, but maybe someone of the "pro's" here can help.

I would like to have an individual cover for my TV recordings, right now I managed to get overlays showing 720 or 1080.

Is there a way to modify/change this "overlay" somewhere, somehow?.

Beside DVD or BLURAY I would love to see: TV 720 or TV 1080

Thx.

47 minutes ago, Anderella said:

Don't know if this is possible, but maybe someone of the "pro's" here can help.

I would like to have an individual cover for my TV recordings, right now I managed to get overlays showing 720 or 1080.

Is there a way to modify/change this "overlay" somewhere, somehow?.

Beside DVD or BLURAY I would love to see: TV 720 or TV 1080

Thx.

Hi.  Sorry there is no supported way to customize the templates at this time. 

• 2 weeks later...
Anderella

Again me:)

As I don't find a way to difference my Blurays, DVDs, HDDVDs and TV Recordings, the first group are all MKVs, the second all *.TS files.....

Do you think there's hope that you can add the option: use different covers "based on" filename additions/text?

Like "BLURAY" "DVD" "HDTV" "SDTV".....

Examples: 

HITCHCOCK_[HDTV]_[SKY].ts

BLADE_RUNNER_2049_[BLURAY].mkv

That would be great!

###

And after a lot of trial and error.... Is it correct, that the only "labeled" covers are DVD and BLURAY?

(it seems that all other's "only" differ in colour and "text" like MKV, didn't find a HDDVD cover-layout))

Thanks.

GrimReaper
12 minutes ago, Anderella said:

Do you think there's hope that you can add the option: use different covers "based on" filename additions/text?

Like "BLURAY" "DVD" "HDTV" "SDTV".....

Examples: 

HITCHCOCK_[HDTV]_[SKY].ts

BLADE_RUNNER_2049_[BLURAY].mkv

Not exactly what you're looking for, but you can easily differentiate those via Iconic plugin, using Filename rule. 

Anderella

Thanks for your suggestion and the possible "work-around".

As the library I'm preparing is also for my father and my mother, I would love to keep it simple and straight with "easy" readable covers. (Kind of covers they know from "buying" movies:)

So at the moment my whole's family hope lays on @epr

Edited by Anderella