Watching TV that's being recorded

Dt225

Hi All

Apologies if this has been dealt with elsewhere.

Running Emby on my LG and synology server. Using HD Homerun (4 tuner type). Recorded TV goes onto dedicated folder on server.  

When a show is being recorded, I can watch it from the start, but if I try to skip at all (for example through commercials), the feed restarts and there is no way to get back to the point I was at. Put another way, when I am recording a show, I can only watch it from the very start of the recording and if I even touch the remote, it restarts.

Is there anyway to fix this, or is a fix planned for the future? You would hope with live tv recording, and scheduled TV recording, you could skip forwards and backwards all the way up to what is currently being shown.

Thanks

David

PS - I love Emby! 

Unfortunately this is a common problem on many platforms that seeking is not supported while playing back live streams.  It is generally because it is not supported by the device.  You can try changing the bitrate during playback to force it to transcode, this will allow you to do what you want, but it won't be the best experience

During playback select the playback options from cog icon on the right side of the OSD menu.  Select Quality, then pick an option with the same resolution but a lower bitrate.  Turn on Stats for Nerds from the same playback menu then you should be able to see when it is transcoding.