Audio Books not Joining

TXK57

I'm hoping you guys can shed some light on why some of my audio books are not combining. It seems to be pulling the metadata it just isn't joining them into one. It keeps separating them by disc.

Here is an example, Both of these are by the same author and named in the exact same format.

image.png.279eacba460e4210adedeb8777590dfb.png

HI, check the embedded metadata of the tracks. You need to ensure the album tags and albumartist tags are the same for each track. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
16 minutes ago, TKX57 said:

It keeps separating them by disc.

Yes since these are different discs they will be separated as they each have a different Album/Book tag.  But can you show the embedded tags.

Example these are merged do to same album and Artist tags.

image.png.47fc07aff3442422ccb7aef17c89a6fd.png

My guess is you can use disc number metadata and change the name removing disc number.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both! Adjusting the albulm name under each track fixed it. I tried to bulk update underneath metadata manager and it will still only do one track at a time. Is there a good way to bulk update?

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, TKX57 said:

Thank you both! Adjusting the albulm name under each track fixed it. I tried to bulk update underneath metadata manager and it will still only do one track at a time. Is there a good way to bulk update?

Emby does not write embedded metadata so you would need to use something like mp3tag to bulk update all the tags.

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Emby does not write embedded metadata so you would need to use something like mp3tag to bulk update all the tags.

That makes sense, fix it on the actual tracks. Thank you!

• Like 1